Two weeks later and another snow/ice storm

witzend

We've been getting "ice pellets" for about 6 hours. It's kind of like sleet. It's acres and acres of snow cone is what it is.

LittleDudesMom

You all know I love the snow! See picture on left!!

Snow began here about 4:30 and continued until around 11 when it began to sleet, followed by freezing rain. Now it's just a cold rain but the wind has really picked up. Our forecast is calling for rain and sleet to continue through the morning, then a lull, then another 3 inches of snow right around rush hour!

I live in the City but in an old historic neighborhood loaded with trees - power outages are the norm around here. After work yesterday, I got all the laundry done and difficult child and I brought out our "storm box" - glow sticks (which are great to leave on your bedside table at night), battery lantern, touch lights, wind-up alarm clock, flashlights, and transistor radio!

Stay safe everyone!

Another snow day here for us! I can't believe I'm saying this....I don't want any more snow days. This is crazy!! Most years we have no snow days at all. Last night husband and I went out before the snow hit, we went to CVS. We noticed the liquor store was so crowded people were waiting to get into the parking lot! People have priorities, not that I'm one to talk. I hope we have school tomorrow I bought all kinds of things for a Valentines day party. Stay warm everyone.

DammitJanet

Okay, I have never quite understood the rush on milk and bread in an emergency but someone please tell me what the ABC store was selling that anyone would wait in that long of a line!

Personally I buy things I can eat cold. I get cans of tuna, sandwich meat, hot dogs, marshmellows, oh and plenty of diet coke!

Where I live, beer and wine are not sold at supermarkets or convenience stores, only at liquor stores. It always amazes me when I go to another state that you can just buy wine at the market.

nlj

Oh dear
We have terrible floods here in the UK, all along the River Thames and in Somerset, Wales and Cornwall. The weather here has been awful since Christmas. I tried to drive to the local town to do some shopping yesterday and hit a blizzard and had to turn back. So scary! Goodness knows how my son is coping with no heat, no light and no running water. Madness. Stay in and stay warm and dry. The river by the side of my house has turned from a bubbling stream to a raging torrent but I don't think there's any chance of it breaking its banks as it has cut a very deep riverbed so the banks are still about 6 feet higher than the water depth. Awful for the many people affected by floods here though, and the government seems to be just passing the blame around as usual. Many people in the Thames Valley communities are Conservative voters though, so our David Cameron will probably manage to magic money from somewhere to fix the problem as it is his voters that he is danger of losing. ( I'm sounding as cynical as my son now!)