Two years to the day

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm trying everything I can muster to get through the day. I had an assault happen on August 7, 2007. I've never really gotten over it, but it gets better with each passing day. I know now to keep myself busy. I've done 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the bird's areas, scraped and primed the patio to be painted, dishes, trash out, took care of the neighbor's cats...anything that comes across my path.

Actually, the cats were the highlights. I might go back and visit again.:D

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Cats are amazing at comforting, for a lot of people.
Go back over and hold them, pet them and talk to them, they are good listeners.

I am sorry for this.

Star*

call 911........call 911
CLEANED THE WHOSE AREA??????? (insert raised eyebrow from friend looking like - where are you Random?) :confused:

ahhhhh nothing you do gets past me......:whiteflag:

as for the anniversary? In North Dakota in an undisclosed location (unless you are a Gypsy) is the grave of the Queen of the Gyspies. On her grave is gold coins, flowers, gifts - paper money - offerings of all sorts. It is said that if you take anything from that grave you will have the worst luck every. If you put some offering on that grave you will have the best luck ever. In your name a gold piece was placed. In his name - a gold piece was taken. ;) That'll teach him. Ya don't take a gold coin from the Queen of the Gypsies.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Aw geez.........I'm already sorry about the assault.......and I'm particularly sorry to find out that it was on August 7th. You see, August 7 is my beloved late Dad's birthday. He was a fine man and a terrific Dad. So Abbey, every August 7, from the day I was born, I celebrate this day and sing "Happy Birthday" to my Dad.

I hate anniversaries of bad/sad events. The day my Dad was killed was the day my sister-in-law's niece was born. As I grieve Dad's death, I force myself to remember Tanya's birth every October 4.

And one of the worst days of your life was also one of the best days of mine because of his birthday. You have made such good progress over the last two years. I hope that some day you will wake up on August 7 and the thought of the monster-who-should-rot-in-hell and made this a terrible day for you will be replaced by the thought that your good friend Suz's wonderful Dad was born on this day.

Gentle, gentle hugs,
Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
Furry hugs from my cat, soft hugs from Cloe and knock you over, stand on your chest and lick your face off hugs from Chester. And a couple of somewhat normal ones from me!

I may not have the cd collection I once did thanks to difficult child but I have songs for different moods. Something like this....I recommend my favorite "do what you want but I'm still here" song (it has another title in my head but the censors wouldn't like it much :tongue: ).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8IuzY0NSo0"]YouTube - 3 Doors Down - Duck And Run (lyrics & music)[/ame]

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at you guys.:tongue:

Suz, I'm sorry about your dad, but glad in the birth that came after that. Maybe I'll think about that today.

Star...oh, Starbie. I DO know ND, and I might be a gypsy. I'm known to roam a bit.

Thank you all. I think I'm going to go pet the cats.

Abbey

JJJ

Abbey...you are two years stronger. You are an amazing woman and nothing he did took away even one speck of your wonderfulness.

((Hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...thanks, Stang. I can't believe that is 3 Doors Down! I'll have to look it up.

Off to tend to kitties.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kitties WHAT kitties?

(looks into crystal ball) - shakes it.......shakes it.......oh....I see - it's a snow globe. NO......it's a magic 8 ball......triangle floats to the surface and it says - HIGHLY PROBABLE : Answer to question I axed it.

mstang67chic

Going Green
3 Doors Down is one of my favorite bands and they seem to be pretty nice guys. Partiers and rockers but nice. I got to meet them once and wound up eating dinner in the catering area with some of them before one of their shows. I looooooove their stuff!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Only hugs and furry kisses with the Kittehs... NO cleaning their Areas. They can do that themselves.
Birds, OK. Kittehs, NO.
I hope they made you feel a bit better. The ability to heal is within us all, sometimes it just takes longer to surface, especially when you are doing the Gypsy thing.
Let that heel go and let the healing begin.
You are to wonderful to suffer from someone else's ****.

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Kitties are a few doors down. They just plop on the floor belly up when you walk in. You can't help but snuggle and love them.

Abbers

N

Nomad

(Hugs)
Distraction, usually helps me. Doing something fun, perhaps different. Sometimes briefly talking with- a friend and then letting myself get distracted in a new environment, new routine...so that my mind is unable to wonder.