UGH!!! I am so frustrated with Social Security!

B

butterflydreams

Ok, so my kids have both been receiving social security survivors benefits since early 2005 when their dad died. Last spring, I applied for SSI for my son. In May, after we moved, I had called social security to do an address change for them. I was told then that I wasn't listed as my son's representative payee - UH. WHAT?? He has never lived with anyone but me. Anyway, apparently someone screwed up when they put in his SSI app. I was told it was taken care of. I hadn't done any checking on his app because I was told that it would take at least 6 months. Well, because psychiatrist wants to keep him in partial another 4 weeks at least he told me to check on the Katie Beckett app and his SSI app and find out what was going on.

I have been trying to get through to the local SS office since the end of last week and can never get through. On Friday, I was able to talk to a case worker at Medicaid. This guy was actually the worker who processed the app for the medicaid for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Anyway, he found our Katie Beckett app but couldn't figure out what was going on with it and would be checking into it and let me know. He was able to tell me though that they show in their system that difficult child has been classified EO1 by social security. He told me this means that difficult child has been determined by social security to be disabled, but he doesn't qualify because we make too much between my income and what the kids receive from social security. Great, I don't even know what is considered too much.

Anyway, I received a call back from the case worker this morning, and apparently the Katie Beckett app was denied because the doctor had put that difficult child was NOT able to be cared for at home - this was when he was still acute last spring. The case worker told this supervisor that gave him the info what I had told him and the supervisor said to have me resubmit the app and make sure that the doctor does not put that difficult child can not be cared for at home.

I finally got through to social security this morning. Apparently, difficult child is still listed as HIS OWN representative payee. UGHHHH. Anyway, they won't talk to me. I asked how can I prove that he lives with me, they won't accept his birth certificate, they want school records. Great, difficult child has not attended his home school at all this year and they sent his records to storage. I have called the school records office and they are supposed to pull his records and make a copy of them for me. So now, I have to take off from work for this. I hope that they will have them before Wednesday, because I already have to take the morning off, so I am planning on taking my LAST day of vacation and using it for Wednesday and take care of this.

UGH!! I am so frustrated right now. All I am trying to do is get some extra medical coverage for difficult child.