Ugh

Wiped Out

Staff member
I have been doing really well with my eating and exercise but tonight I fell off the wagon big time. I can't believe how much I ate (the food was delicious). My inlaws sent some food they know I love and I made some homemade tortillas to go along with it. Now I can barely move, I seriously don't remember the last time I overate like this! You know the feeling when you can't barely moved because you ate so much? That's me tonight.

I'm just hoping this doesn't turn out to be the thing that gets me off track. I feel better sharing as I'm hoping it will help me to get right back to making good choices.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If you never allow youself to "fall off the wagon"... You will likely fall off a LOT. Once in a while is OK, as a treat. If you don't beat yourself up about it, you'll be fine.

When I lost 40 lbs. in the last 2 years - I watched what I ate - but I allowed myself treats. Not all the time, of course. But often enough I didn't feel deprived. And Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, I let it drop.

And I kept losing weight. I plateau'd at my present weight - and I am happy here.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've managed to take off 12 lbs of the nearly fifty I put on due to medications. I did it by watching what I eat, and why I was eating.

Killer for me was that due to intestinal strictures and adhesions, I have to eat a low-fiber/low residue diet. Not easy for someone who was mostly vegetarian. Add in that the neds make you crave carbs and I am not supposed to eat high-fiber carbs.

I finally decided that, taking my health into consideration, there are going to be times when I am going to 'fall off the wagon'.

Jewish holidays are a biggie for me. Loads of good ethnic food, sharing with family all that stuff.

I figure that if I eat fried potato latkes once a year (and plenty of them), it isn't going to kill me. Potatoes have some nutritional value and they are cooked in healthy oil.

When I make them I mix shredded zucchini and carrots into the potatoes. Tastes even better and makes them look prettier in addition to adding a nutritive boost.

Passover is BAD news nutritionally. It's a huge spread of tradional cooking plus the expectation that the adults will drink four glassesof wine during the Seder service that precedes the actual meal.

When I was a child, we got wine diluted with water, but the adults drank full-strenth.

I drink what the kis at Seder do in modern times;kosher grape juice, LoL.

I can handle alcohol very welli n terms of drunkeness, but it upsets my stomach and is bad for my medications.

LittleDudesMom

Hey Sharon,

late to chime in here because I've been awol for a couple weeks - you know the ww matra about falling off the wagon - use those extra points, tomorrow is a new day! You have great discipline, and even though you have a lot going on at home right now, I'm sure you are back on top of that wagon now!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone! I agree falling off the wagon once in awhile is o.k.-it's just sometimes it starts to spiral on me. I also had my trip to Florida where I did end up eating what I wanted-yum. I tried to get back on track but still had a hard week and didn't track. Must have been good enough because I didn't lose but I didn't gain any weight either:)

Back to tracking my food today!