Um...yea...so I am going to Philly...etc

Steely

So, I am going to Philly for a week. Yeh. Not my idea of fun, really. Well Philly is, but not a corporate shin dig. We are supposed to dress "professional" and do things like go to cocktail parties. Seriously? I am so not that person. Oh well. I think I have found the attire necessary to participate in the functions - which is evidently the most important part? What about my brain? OK. Let's not get started on how I could lead the world in blue jeans.:tongue:

So these 2 guys (G the 29yo and R the 44yo) that have been playing hard ball with me, and keeping me at a distance, yet wanting more - have suddenly expressed a desire to possibly have more. Both of them within 24 hours. I am stupefied. Here I have been in my happy cocoon of either or - whenever the mood hits - I will chose who I want to hang with. And now they both are increasing their intensity. I have never been in this type of situation, it feels a bit out there for me. I am not sure what to think. My conclusion is that one or both of them will move on and I really should just savor the moment.

I know that is all shallow - but I have to say that I personally feel victorious that I got through a thanksgiving without crying - so I had to share. It was my second I have spent away from Matt, and my first that I spent without talking to him. To get through it without breaking, was good. Instead I spent it eating breakfast at Denny's with G, and with R, who made me Thanksgiving dinner. At this point, I will take whatever it is that distracts me. :redface:

Hugs to you all. And wish me luck with the corporate goons.;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Steely,
I am wishing you luck at the corporate shin dig. I'm sure you will be brilliant! Sounds like a nice day yesterday! Hugs.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I wish I was in Philly! I'd meet you there for some serious down time (in jeans!)

Congrats on your victory. Whatever it takes, baby...whatever it takes.

Hey Steely,
I'll be in Philly on Wedenesday (for a Dr. apointment) if you want to meet on South Street...I'll have husband with me, but there loads of fun places just to hang out and wear jeans-bring one of your 2 beaus!
If not- enjoy the city! -Alyssa

Fran

Former desparate mom
I get to attend things like this at various times of the year. Instead of dreading it, I think of it as my chance to dress up and play adult. It's not my world since I don't work for them so I play the role of wife. In the end, I usually have a lovely time, get really good food and end up meeting someone or two who add something to my conversation or knowledge. It is interesting most of the time.

For someone like me who wears "rag clothes" most of the week, jeans are almost dressy. I enjoy thinking I'm attending parties like "Holly Golightly" would attend. Not that I look or dress like Audrey Hepburn. It's just a way to make something positive out of something that may be intimidating. Besides, I'm grateful that this is a gift given to us. I try to appreciate it.

If I'm bored, I eat, stay the appropriate time and head to my room with a remote control and watch tv knowing I don't have to scrub the tub or make my bed. : )
Have fun.

DDD

Enjoy. I miss the old days of travel, fine dining, pretty new clothes. Most of all I miss the stimulation of meeting and visiting with new people who always seem to have something interesting to talk about. After being a city girl for almost forty years I still am not used to being a country bumpkin!

Back in the day, lol, Philly was pretty darn nice. We used to go over to NJ to a really neat club. Rats! Now I'll spend all day trying to remember the name of it. LOL

Enjoy! DDD

Lothlorien

It's quite chilly here, this week. Make sure you bring a nice warm coat. Enjoy yourself. I like Philly. I'm between Philly and NY and I prefer Philly. We go several times a year.

As far as the guy thing. There is nothing wrong with dating and having options. You aren't being shallow. Keep the options open and just enjoy yourself. If something develops down the road, wonderful. In the meantime, just have fun!

Steely

I have arrived, and although the travel was painful, I am already happy to be here. I had forgotten the awesome history Philly possesses. I am looking forward to tomorrow, where I have a full day to sight see, shop, and explore.

The pivotal point for me being at these meetings is that my boss has quit, so I am vying for her job. I need to impress people here, and have them hopefully put in a good word for me down at the retail level I am at. So I hope I am able to articulate the right thing as well as I hope I brought the right outfits to wear. I am sure it will be fine. I re-read the stat today that 90% of people's (employers/colleagues) perspective of us is based on how we look and what we say. It really hit home. This is why people cannot rule the world in blue jeans! :tongue: I guess I need to accept that, and not only embrace a dressier lifestyle but also make sure the things that come out of my mouth are powerful and articulate.

For now, I am in a super swanky hotel, ordering room service, and trying to enjoy the benefits this trip will provide me. Other than 500 kids in an Irish dance contest disturbing my peace, I am finding Zen. (Is that possible?)

Thanks for not judging me about the beaus. I have never dated 2 people at once. But, you know, they both are aware that the other exists, so why would I feel guilty?

Last edited:

horserider

Lucky you to have a little get away! Hopefully a promotion is in the works also. Enjoy the room service, pamper away you so deserve it.
I believe a blessing has come your way.:angel2:

Enjoy your trip