Uncle Died Last Night

susiestar

Roll With It
My mom's best friend and her husband were in a car accident last night. Someone hit a deer and it went flying into their car. He died at the scene while she was treated and released. My mother was in town because their granddau was married last week. She is extending her trip and my father is flying out for the funeral.

I am speechless. I don't even know how to feel. My aunt had a LOT of husbands but this man was the love of her life. They married when I was young, divorced and then remarried a few years ago. They were so good together, and both were finally happy in this marriage. I am so glad they had these good years together after all the time apart.

I hope my aunt does not go totally nuts as she grieves. She isn't exactly known for her emotional stability or wise choices, and I doubt her family could handle it if she did something crazy. At least my mom can probably stay as long as she is needed. My aunt's mom and siblings were almost frantic to find my mother so that someone could be with my aunt to keep her from doing anything to follow her husband. It is an odd blessing, but still a blessing that my mom was only an hour or so away and could be there right away.

This is the only one of her husbands that I loved. I liked a few of them, but I loved him. He was not her child's biological father, but he was his father anyway. When my cousin was 18 he legally took this man's last name instead of his biological father's name. Even during the years they were not married, he was there for my cousin. He will be hugely missed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, Susie. I'm so very sorry. The world has lost a good man.

Prayers being said for your family and your uncle's family.

(((hugs)))

DDD

I'm sending caring thoughts and prayers for your family. Sometimes I think that unexpected death is much easier for the families and other times I realize that not having any time to prepare adds to the pain. It sure sounds like he was a fine man and brought love and happiness to many in his lifetime. Hugs DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
We are holding up. My dad flew out to meet my mom in Cinci last night. Not sure when he/they will be back. Mom will problem stay a bit longer than dad will, to help my aunt after the family leaves.