Uncle passed away

Abbey

Spork Queen
My last surviving uncle of my grandmother's 18 children passed away this morning. He was 90. He suffered from pignatism his entire life. That's tough when you're a farmer and have to be outdoors al the time. He always wore full clothing, gloves and a face mask even in the heat of the summer. No one expected him to live this long.

My fondest memory of him was being a little girl when he'd ask me to step on his feet and he'd dance with me. My saddest is when the flood of 1972 came through and literally swept their house downstream a couple of miles. He lost his collection of antique cars, HUGE collection of cookoo clocks and his babies...homing pigeons. They kept trying to come home, but the home was gone.

Never heard the man utter a bad word. He was always happy.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry, Abbey. Your memories of him sound so wonderful -- I hope they help you during this time.

(((HUGS)))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sounds like a wonderful Uncle

I used to love watching the homing pigeons fly above the buildings in SFO. We would go sit on our roof top and watch to see which building they lived at.

I always thought of it as a symphony without sound....

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry for your loss. It might be interesting to your children or their children if you write memories like this down, or even say them on audio or visual recordings.

Sending very gentle hugs. He truly sounds like a wonderful, caring person.