Uncommon road kill

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL I never realized that cows moved fast enough to dart! That kind of reminds me of the movie Twister when they are in the truck chasing the tornado..."cow".. pause ...."another cow". "I think that's the same cow"

:rofl:

muttmeister

I've lived in rural areas most of my life so I've hit possoms, coons, snakes, pheasants, quail, other birds, a deer, and even a turtle but the one close call I had was when I almost hit a mountain lion. difficult child#1 had had an accident with his pick up down near the river in the middle of the night. We had talked to the police, waited for the tow truck, etc. etc. It was about three AM and as we were heading home through the boonies, a mountain lion jumped out in front of us. The weird thing is that lots of us have seen them here but the fish and game commission swears that they do not come to this part of the state. I don't know if they're that stupid or if they're afraid of starting a panic or what. THey try to tell us what we are seeing are bobcats but these are much larger and they have long tails; they are not bobcats. Although we have them too. Once in awhile one get hit and then they hve to admit that it was an actual mountain lion but even then it is like pulling teeth. I'm not sure what the deal is.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
muttmeiser I'm guessing they don't want to start a panic, or people trying to kills them off.

Starbie OMG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Darting cows, Fran?? I'd have laughed too. Never heard of such a thing. LOL

The coon in the mailbox ect also cracked me up. This has turned out to be a hilarious thread.

susiestar

Roll With It
I loved the armadillo story! That was a RIOT!!! I could see a guy husband worked with doing it to another guy there. The first guy and his wife met the second guy in college. They moved all over the country and the second guy always got a job near them. It was creepy strange. They did all sorts of pranks on the guy, but he never got the hint.

Anyway, I have driven all over the country and never hit anything but the one possum.

Did y'all realize that armadillos usually are not hit by cars. They are usually so startled that they jump up and hit the undercarriage of the car as it passes over them. It is a strange but true fact I learned when working in a wildlife rescue in Texas.

Star, ONLY YOU!!! That it toooooo funny!!!! Esp when the light up baby Jesus came flying off followed by a Moose head. Was it a real moose head or an empty beer keg of Moose Head Beer?

That could be written up for one of the Reader's Digest anecdotes! (and they pay for them too!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Phhhhhtttt Readers Digest. I want Star to write comedy........so that tv can be entertaining again. :D Or better yet, make a mint being a stand up comedian.

That one liked to killed me. My sides are still aching. LOL

KTMom91

This thread is too funny!

We did not hit it...but it was close...coming down from the mountains...a goat. Wearing a collar and license tags. Hubby tried to catch it to read its tags, but the goat was not interested and ran up the side of the hill.

Local news has a traffic segment that specifies hazards in the road etc. and one of my favorites is "the occasional cow." They have a cow graphic they put on their map to show you where the cow got out and is wandering. Lately horses have been getting out, too. I told them they needed a horse graphic.

skeeter

not that I hit, but......

Some of you in the area may remember when Kings Island (amusment park) had "Lion Country Safari" with all the animals?

There were a group of King Penguins there on exhibit. These penguins can stand heat, as long as they have water to stay in. So there were several deep pools in their area that had bottom drains that led down to the Little Miami River.

Well, the darn birds figured out how to get one of those drain covers opened, and squirmed down the drain to the river, then went down stream. One got as far as Indian Hill (a very, very exclusive, rich area). Started walking up Camargo Road (heavily wooded) and got hit by a car at about 1 in the morning.

Can you imagine the guy going into the Indian Hill Ranger Station (they are too rich to have policemen) and saying "I just hit a penguin on Camargo Rd."???????

DammitJanet

Well Tony was just reading this thread with me because I told him how funny it was and he told me...hey I have a good one for them!

So here it goes. It isnt a hit it per se but:

About 10 years ago a man who lives down the road from us was on his way into town about 10 pm when our town is about dead and he saw what he thought was an injured dog on the side of the road. He got out of his car to see if he could help the animal. Turns out the animal was .....

A MONKEY!

This monkey had escaped from the local carnival that was in town and was walking down the road. The monkey then got in this mans car and wouldnt let the guy back into his car! He had to call the cops who in turn called Wildlife and they had to tranquilize the monkey to get it out of the car and back to its rightful owners. LOL.

Can you imagine?

bby31288

Holy Cow, Holy bottles of white rain shampoo and assorted other objects. My 18 year old daughter pulled into the driveway, saw the house coming, meant to hit the breaks and hit the gas in a panic and plowed into my house. Knocked both garage doors and the whole front of the garage part of the house off the foundation. The homeowners had a ball with that one!

TerryJ2

OMG, LOL!
Mstng, what a bizarre thread. At first I was grossed out, but that comment about the lion and the ins agent cracked me up!
Shari, too funny! I will have to remember that one.
Fran, LOL!

No, we don't have a zoo. Just college kids.
Shari, isn't that the same thing?

A monkey and a penguin, OMG!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Mstng, what a bizarre thread. At first I was grossed out, but that comment about the lion and the ins agent cracked me up!
Shari, too funny! I will have to remember that one.
Fran, LOL!

No, we don't have a zoo. Just college kids.
Shari, isn't that the same thing?

A monkey and a penguin, OMG!!!

Yeah well, my sense of humor has never been known to travel in a straight line!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I want Star to write comedy........so that tv can be entertaining again. :D Or better yet, make a mint being a stand up comedian.

I was just thinking... I'm sad that Star's not coming to Ohio, but then we'd probably all die laughing if she did!