Unipolar Mania

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I can't get this song out of my head! The lyrics are great... Don't know how to post a video on a thread, so here's the link:

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4nb17_wesley-california-unipolar-mania_extreme"]Dailymotion - Wesley California - Unipolar Mania ©, a video from wesleycalifornia. wesley, california, unipolar, mania, psychology[/ame]

(Click on Dailymotion above)

Last edited:

klmno

LOL!! Thanks! I believe I might use this in difficult child's re-evaluation meeting at the school! But, I have to say, when my difficult child is in full-blown mania, I don't think he could stay on that path, I think he'd be plowing all over that mountain!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I can't find the lyrics anywhere. The guy has a Myspace page, though. He's a surfer/musician out here in the Los Angeles area.

I've tried playing the song and stopping it to write down the lyrics, but I'm stuck in a couple of spots where I can't quite make out exactly what he says. But they are dead-on with describing what it must be like to be manic!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
The song was good, but the video gave me a headache LOL

I did happen to see the other video's at the side, and was mystified by the "Psychology by Sandy" ones. If she is a Psychologist (or one in training), she so needs to make that skirt just a tad longer. Professional looking/sounding from the waist up isn't cutting it and am glad she left her legs crossed during the video

Marcie

Woofens

If he has a myspace page, could you write to him and ask for the lyrics? If you don't have a myspace page, I could look for his and ask him (I do have a page.... I play this stupid virtual pet game on there every day)

Woofens

Ok found him and sent a friend request and a message, will let you know what or if I hear back from him!!

Jan

Woofens

Here are the messages between Wesley California and me this evening, and the lyrics to Unipolar Mania. He seems like a really nice guy, and if you have a myspace page, add him!

Hi Jan!

As long as I'm credited, post away!!! I wouldn't be mad if you steered people toward my myspace, either. The song's posted in video form:)

(And just so you know, I wrote the song from a combination of research and personal experience. Show me a genius through history and I'll show you a person who was manic, from Da Vinci to Mozart and beyond.)

WC

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Jan 9, 2009 11:30 PM

Thank you so much! For the lyrics, and for the congratulations. Is it alright for me to post these on a public BB or would you rather I emailed them to the members that want them?

Your time is very much appreciated!

Jan
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Jan 10, 2009 2:27 AM

What do I do with all this energy
I'm overloading on activity
Much too impatient for this glacial pace
And to intrusive to know my place

I'm aggressively irritable
The speed of my mind is uncontrollable
Endeavors are always shifting
My style and themes are always drifting

Unipolar Mania

It's too easy to distract me
Achieving focus is beyond me
I've got a talent with delusion
It's just a grandiose illusion

It'll take an army to bring me ‘round
I wanna mix sleeping with laying down
My flight of ideas keep speeding up
My Mountain Dew flows from a golden cup

Unipolar Mania

klmno

Thank you!! I hope he can take this farther- he could really do something to educate the public!

And gcvmom- thanks again for finding andposting this!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Fantastic! Thanks Woofens for contacting him! :D I'm going to play this for difficult child 2 whenever he wakes up today... Too bad I didn't have this for our psychiatrist appointment yesterday -- would have been a kick to share it with the psychiatrist!