Update, again

JJJ

I know I don't post hear as much as I really need too. LOL

But since June, I have lost 14 pounds (lost 20, regained 10, lost 4 again). This is shaping up to be the first Christmas in about 10 years that I have not weighed more than the Christmas before. My Christmas gift to myself :)

I'm ashamed that I skipped a 10 year reunion of some friends I really wanted to see because I was too embarrassed that I've gained 100 pounds since I last saw them. A smaller group is getting together next Thanksgiving and I really want to go but I know myself well enough that I know if I don't lose at least another 60 pounds I won't go.

We also have a family reunion this summer and while I will go no matter what my weight (we have many in the family that struggle with weight). I would love to be able to go on all the rollercoasters with my kids :)

So I have my goals and I hope to have the courage to post here for support.

LittleDudesMom

JJJ - Congrats on the 14 pound loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrying around the extra weight can definately stop us from doing the things we really want to do. Glad you are making positive progress!

Sharon

trinityroyal

JJJ, congratulations! I like your way of looking at the weight loss as a gift to yourself. It's also a gift to your family as you'll be able to go on the roller coasters, have more energy, etc.

Slow, steady progress seems to be the way that works best. If your target is a year away, then you've got time and a milestone to help motivate you.

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
Great news about the loss. It does make you feel good.
Next time you hear of a reunion, don't miss the opportunity. You will find that others have their own obstacles. None of us are the same person both inside and out. If you lose one of those friends between reunions you will be sorry to have missed an opportunity based on weight when that is not what binds you to them.
I used to be that way and I even still have to talk myself out of staying away because I am not the person physically that I was. Neither were any of them.
If you care about your friends and they care about you, then throw judgements out and go to each other. Life is tough enough and friends make it more tolerable.

Hugs and Merry Christmas.