Update and apology

SgtReese

First I want to apologize to everyone that responded to my request for info on PRTFs. ( http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/f6/new-guy-checkin-38598/#post406795 ) Sudden and severe computer problems prevented me from responding.
As it turned out, The Kid was able to return from acute care on 2/14 and things have been much improved. They started him on Depakote and Intuniv and it seemed to make a real difference in emotional control and clarity of thought.
Went to court on 3/2 and the judge accepted the recommendation for Intensive In-home and continued therapy. II started last week and so far, so good. He is even keeping to his 6 pm curfew.
Does anyone have experience with Intensive In-Home? Any caveats/ideas?
Gracias in advance

Marguerite

I'm sorry, I will be no help at all with the advice you need. But I am so glad things have improved! Maybe if you take the cautiously optimistic approach with him and recognise that in general, kids want to be good - it might continue to work positively.

Marg

SgtReese

Thanks for the kind words y'all. And Marg, I think you're right--cautious optimism and a lil' faith in kids' inate better nature is what's called for now.