Update - don't even know what to say anymore....haven't been here in several years....

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by judi, Sep 15, 2014.

1. judi

judi Active Member

Well, difficult child is now 29 and in prison for an alcohol fueled stupid night which resulted in him receiving an 8.5 yr sentence of which he must serve 7 years.

Its been years since I've been here though I've been a member since 2001 I think....gosh 13 years have come and gone.

I feel like I have moved so far from my days of complaining about high school. We kept trying to tell him bad things would happen and the consequences would get worse - well I think this is about tops it!

I've scanned the forums every once in awhile - lots of old faces with some newbies too.

I wasn't sure whether even to post as I don't want to scare anyone - lol.

Know I thank you all for your compassion and caring especially in the beginning. Thanks so much.

2. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

For the next 7 years you will know where he is. I hope he uses this time to change for the better. We can always hope.

You can use this time to focus on you. Do the things you enjoy.

3. wakeupcall

wakeupcall Well-Known Member

Hi Judi. Odd.....I came back here after many years gone, too. Guess I'm scared of what's going to happen if he doesn't wake up. I'm so sorry your son is where he is. They don't know, nor care, how their actions impact others....their parents, who love them, and have been years and years trying to prevent jail from happening. Like I said in another thread, we just want them to be decent human beings. Stick around, it helps to be here.

4. judi

judi Active Member

Agree with both of you...just sad for the wasted potential. Thanks.

5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hey Judi, have wondered how you have been doing. Hate to say it but I sorta figured difficult child was well, difficult child but sorry to hear he is now serving time but maybe this will be somewhat of a wake up call.

How are the grands? If I remember correctly you had a lot of contact with them. I hope that has continued. I would be lost without Cory's oldest daughter. She is what keeps me going.

6. judi

judi Active Member

Hey there Janet! Yeah, we still see our grandkids a lot. Lots of drama, court, lawyer expenses, etc., now with difficult child's son though because his ex doesn't want us or our son involved any longer...ugh