UPDATE..found disturbing stuff on pcs computer

K

Kjs

could it be websites that are sent via email or such? there was a time I found things and difficult child said it was just sent to him and he clicked on it. I didn't believe him until easy child told me the same thing happens to him.

We since have more control and protection on the computer. Haven't seen it in years. (oh yeah..I lied...24 yr old had some naked women. No longer there and warned never to appear again)

witzend

Well, it sounds as though it went well. Along practical lines, I have to say that 13 year old girls are generally curious about themselves. They wouldn't have a clue what to do with a boy. But how do they work themselves is a mystery worth investigating, I suppose. I remember finding my brother's mags around that time and being very curious.

I think it's just as reasonable to assume that she is looking at girls because she wants to know about herself as it is to assume that she is interested in other girls. Time will tell.

Marg's Man

It IS possible to accidentally end up in the wrong place. You say it was easy child who had the content. How good is she with a computer? Most difficult child's are brilliant but PCs are usually less so.
Marg was researching a book set in ancient Greece and she looked up Daedalus (the bloke generally credited with building the Labyrinth of the Minotaur).
When she Googled his name one the first 'hits' was to a website about foot fetishists! She was talking to me about it later that day; she had followed a few links in that page in a sort of horrified fascination.
Another trap that occurs when you click innocently on some of these links is the self opening page (these work a bit like a pop up). e.g If you do search on IMDB (the Internet Movie Database http://www.imdb.com ) You usually get another window that opens up advertising a school reunion site - it's a US site so I always just close it.
SOME sites on the dark side of the web (I spend a fair of time there in my job) have a trick of recursive pop ups.
It works like this. You click on an apparently innocent link (like Marg's Daedalus link) and you don't like what you see, so you close it immediately. Another page unacceptable page opens, which you also close, causing another page to open; and so on. Usually this goes on for six or seven cycles before it stops but it can be embarrassing if the boss (or your mum or your brother/sister) is looking over your shoulder when it happens unexpectedly. I've had this happen to me in a closed loop; the only way out was to force quit the web browser. Once (many years ago) I actually had to kill the computer. Looking back that was probably a virus trying to get past my security.
Talk a bit more with her and be warned about this possibility.
I also endorse Marg's suggestion of reading "The Blue Nowhere".