update - good news !

Skylark Matrix

Well, I haven't been here for a while, but I do have good news. First for myself, I did get a transfer at work and will be doing administration which is my true love and joy for a career choice. I start in one week. Thank you to all who prayed and "crossed everything in hope" for me. I am looking forward to the change and the relief from constanty working with challenged children. And second good news, my difficult child has completed 5 weeks of her course -- a real record for sticking to something. She seems to be working within her budget and is doing well in the classes. It helps in a way that she is far enough away that I don't see everything, but what she tells me all seems to be good. One major example she managed to get a phone ! It cost about $70 to get hooked up and she got a restricted line, no long distance, which is good. a small example she mentioned buying a 8kg bag of rice !!! and splitting it with a friend because it worked out to be a better deal. I can't imagine how that thought process came about, but, it is a remarkalbe one.
I love this site.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Good news about her attending classes and growing up a bit. It is easier when you don't have to deal with the day-to-day trivial stuff that irritates you both. You will also be surprised at one day how smart you have become and she may even tell you this.......fingers still crossed for further progress!

:princess: