Update/ He is gone. My cat is dying

momof4insc

Vickie, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I rescued a 5 week old kitten from work, had him for about a week. I have a gate to keep him in my room away from the dogs. Well, friday, I get a call at work from my mother that Ringo was dead. I left work and came home. The story I got from her was that she went to the store and when she came back, he was wet, cold, laying on the floor with blood trickeling from his mouth. He did stay alive until I got home (I guess to say goodbye). He had climbed the gate and I assume that my retard dog got him (even though I have 6 other cats he wont touch). I understand your pain, as I am not dealing with this loss very well. My children do not know he is dead, they just know that he went to a new home. My wonderful difficult child son started bawling and cried himself to sleep lastnight. This morning he came to me and said "I know you miss him, I miss him too". Of course I started to tear up and he ran off crying.
So, to make this short, I feel for you.

saving grace

My thoughts are with you, I know how hard it is, I had to bring my 18 year old kitty to the vet to be euthanized, I thought she was dead but husband said she was still breathing, I couldnt bear the thought of her in any pain. I held her and whispered in her ear while they did it, then had her cremated. I felt as if my heart was ripped from my body.

I am so sorry Vickie.

Grace

rejectedmom

I lost my beloved cat to cancer in January. I had her creamated. My new kitten is helping me get over my loss. It takes a long time when the pet is so special. My sincere empathy goes out to you. -RM

Vickie,

My eyes are watery just reading this. I love cats too. I know how hard it is to lose such a close family member. I too had to watch my very special cat die. He had lung cancer but was misdiagnosed as having asthma. He was put on prednisone for asthma and died about a week later. It was horrible. I stayed with him as much as I could. I gave him drops of water and carried him to his favorite spot by the slider so he could get fresh air. The cat I now have, groomed him. This was so unlike her as she was a feral kitten and not always the most affectionate cat! I think she just knew he was dying... On his last day with us, he was extremely weak but managed to climb up the stairs to easy child's bedroom. I know he was saying goodbye to her... This happened almost six years ago and I still miss him so much!!!

in my humble opinion, losing a beloved pet is just as hard as losing any other family member. Give yourself time to grieve... I found that making a collage of some of his pictures beginning when he was a kitten helped. I still have this collage hanging in my bedroom.
easy child wrote a book about him. We had it bound. Sometimes it still brings tears to my eyes.

Sending lots of cyber hugs... I really do understand... WFEN

Thank you all so much! It has helped knowing that y'all are here and understand. I miss his little meow's good morning every morning. The little old man who lives next door to us had tears in his eyes this morning when I told him Tigger had passed. My Tig really was the neighborhood kitty and especially for this darling little 91 yo man. Tig always visited with him while he tended his garden. He always brought Tig out a little special treat of some tuna.

It was especially hard last night when husband got home from his fishing trip and went straight out to where I buried his Tigger.

Aly has taken it pretty hard but was doing well today for Track and Field days!

Thanks again and many hugs,
Vickie