Update here and travel plans

T

toughlovin

Hi everyone,

Well my son is still in the treatment place and has been there now for almost a month!! Yay. We had a great long talk with his therapist the other day and she was wonderful. He has done ALL the behaviors he has done the other places that got him kicked out, but this place is not kicking him out!! Phew. I think they look at what is best for him and then use the behaviors to help him learn about himself and particularly right now how he self sabatoges himself. He has not called us much so we don't have much news from him directly... but that may be a good sign because when things are really bad he calls.

The other thing is that tomorrow morning I am leaving the country for 6 weeks. I am going overseas to volunteer at a hospital with my daughter and then my husband will come for a couple of weeks to vacation travel. I am nervous and excited. I do have my cell phone set up so I can recived texts and calls from my son although I don't think we will use it much... but at least I am reachable. And he is hopefully in a place that will keep him safe while we are gone.

I will have internet access but not a lot of it... so I will try to keep up with things... but I will probably only be able to check in once a day or so.

Hugs to all of you!!!

TL

Kathy813

Staff member
What a great opportunity for you and your daughter. I think it will be really special time for both of you. Don't worry about your difficult child. It sounds like he is in a great place.

~Kathy

A

AmericanGirl

TL,

What wonderful news about all of you!!! That's an awesome place that your son is in...they need tough love - not just tossed out. Praying he continues there as long as it takes,

Have a great trip!!!

exhausted

TL, All wonderful news. How great it will feel to go and get your mind on something else and enjoy your daughter! I know you will be working hard-but enjoy the fruits of your labor! :)

Nancy

Good news TL sounds like difficult child is in a good place. What a wonderful thing you and easy child are doung, a great bonding experience. Have safe travels and I will miss you while you are gone.

Nancy

What a wonderful trip for you and your daughter! This sounds like a trip of a lifetime! Have a wonderful time and don't worry about your difficult child.