Update on Buddy's difficult child

InsaneCdn

HAHA IC! wow good? or wow bad? thoughts? should I do more??? SO open to suggestions...

Buddy...

You are juggling SO many pieces, that I can't even imagine.
YOU are your son's diligent, detailed, never-say-die case manager... and his MOM besides.
And you're basically running SOLO.

I don't know how you do it, but I sure admire the way you're holding it all together... even if it doesn't always feel that way.

THAT kind of WOW.

buddy

well then, WOW back. thanks so much, I just feel like you all do, just doing my job.

Janet and everyone, thanks for the ideas, he was impressed.

I went to night to see him again and got him a treat. Missed the exit (thinking too much) so cut it tight and he called panicking. the nurse said he followed directions to calm down and she coached him thru it (he swore at me on the phone...what the frog kind of stuff, he was so mad and if at home I would have said no treat but I had driven AN HOUR by that point, didn't want a crisis on the unit and I did miss the exit. He listened to me to stop and did not go on...it was just the once and that is actually an improvement so he got the treat.

OMgosh, I have put 60-200 miles per day on my car over this week. It has been a FULL week today, seems like a year. Doctor is still talking discharge toward the end of next week. so here is hoping. difficult child told me a girl on the unit was discharged (funny he knows the words now) and returned 9 hours later. I asked if it was a pass like he went on and he said NO! poor thing, please please universe, dont let that happen here.

L

Liahona

We live in moments not in minuets. difficult children tend to give us lots of moments. My days and sometimes hours run together. I think we live more then other people. Not that they don't live, but we live more deeply. Our lows are lower and our highs are higher. And we appreciate what we have more for we have been without.

I hope he gets discharged (and stays discharged) next week.

T

TeDo

Breathe, breathe, breathe. You're doing an awesome job! Take the moments when you can and know that HE is in there somewhere and that he will come back. We are still having small "moments" here but I know it is going to take time. Is neighbor out of rehab yet so that responsibility can't drain you?

Praying, pretzeling, rattling and sending {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}}

buddy

Yes! Neighbor got out Thurs at 230, and she came over yesterday and updated me on the things she has all set up already, had gone to her family doctor and got therapy all set up, tests done for gall bladdar and the surgeon is set up..etc. She has said nothing about anyone coming to check on them! So I am guessing they just called phn and nothing was done. Sigh.