Update on difficult child 1...

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm almost afraid to breathe.

He has been very respectful, is trying to get to know his sister better, giving her advice, talking about his past mistakes. It is very moving to watch her develop a relationship with him, she used to hate him with a blood passion. He told us that he regrets he did not behave like a big brother in the past and that it is his loss that he did not have good experiences with her.

He admits that he missed out on a lot by ignoring us and not spending time talking to us. He is really into 60's music "because it is mellow" ( he used to love Eminem). He actually called us outside to watch the moon because it had a strong halo and was beautiful. He hasn't wanted to share anything with me for years; then he took the occasion to tell us that he was very worried about the "younger generation" because the kids seemed to have little hope and appreciation and were too much into drugs!

I'm in the cellar right now, looking for the POD!

He said he looooved his childhood and that he thinks of the good times often when he feels down

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
3S that is such a wonderful update!!!! I'm so happy for you! This was a very long time coming, but I am so glad to see difficult child is taking steps to mend relationships and turn his life around for the better. Awesome.:D:D

(((hugs)))

katya02

Solace
3Shadows, that's a wonderful update! So glad difficult child 1 is showing so much insight into his past behaviors and relationships. I hope he continues to move forward.
What a lovely gift, just before Thanksgiving. :)

H

HaoZi

Sounds like he picked up a good dose of maturity. :D

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wonderful news. I would be looking for a POD too. Regardless, enjoy the positive time with a son who seems to have been absent for many years.

Nancy

Wow 3S, I can hardly believe it and I'm sure you are thrilled. I am so happy for you and the peace that is in your home now. I will keep my fingers crossed that this continues. If it does we have to figure out what made the turn about and make it available to all our difficult child's.

Hugs,
Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
3S it depends on the person I suppose........but usually doesn't last more than a couple of weeks. But you can also have periodic lapses without actual regression. Nichole is doing very well over all. She's come such a vast way. But she's not perfect either, and she does still have lapses from time to time.

Oh! I hope it wasn't a honeymoon phase or that the update brought on the board curse. Fingers crossed all is still going well.

Hugs