update on difficult child in Seattle

janebrain

Hi All,
just wanted to update anyone who is interested....Emily (difficult child 1) started working Wed. night for a club and looks like she will do well there. She told me a few days before she started that she had gotten her entertainer's license and was put on the schedule for Wed., Thurs., Sat. and Sun nights. She said she didn't even have to take all her clothes off--I really don't want to think about what she does, too much information. Anyway, apparently they thought she did very well her first night and added Friday night to her schedule. She cleared a little over $200 on Wed. night and over $300 on Thursday night. The weekend should be even better.

She is staying in a motel while looking for a place to live. It seems that apartments get taken really quickly, you really have to jump on them. We have been sending her money to help her get by but it is really her money--it is coming from her college savings. Now that she is working she shouldn't need to use any more of that money.

The best news if that she has not heard from loser boyfriend for nearly 2 weeks! Supposedly he is off on a fishing boat, that is what they told her at the shelter he was staying at. I hope he stays out a long time, she seems to be doing fine without him. She was feeling depressed last Sunday because it was Sunday and she was alone and it was Super Bowl but then a guy she calls a "friend" invited her over to watch the game and he was having some other people over too so she wasn't depressed anymore. She says she had a lot of fun and there was one other girl who also cheered for the Giants--the guys were cheering for New England.

So, although I don't like what she does for a living (stripping) I am very glad it pays so well and she can support herself. I am proud of her for being able to keep it together without boyfriend--I think it is great that she can see for herself she does not need him. She can be alone, she can find jobs, she can figure out how to find an apartment--all without him.

Jane

BusynMember

I'm so glad she's doing better. Funny how our expectations change with our difficult children...lol. I think I would have been fine with my daughter being a stripper too, as long as she didn't use drugs. I actually have a good friend who was a go-go girl in college. She's 57 now, has been married thirty-five happy years, has two nice kids with great jobs, and a good life. I wish your daughter the best of luck and glad you have some peace of mind now.

witzend

I wrote an answer to this earlier, but it disappeared. I don't think I used naughty words, but you never know.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that she is safe and sound. I hope that she is considering "working her way through college". Stripping is a very hard life, and she will be too old for it before she knows it. What Shakespeare said still holds true. "Frailty, thy name is woman." There are so many temptations involved, and it won't be long before there is someone younger than her waiting to take her spot.

I'm glad to hear the the boyfriend is out of the way, at least for now. I hope that she will be able to clear her head and make some future plans. She seems to be in a very "right here right now" spot.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Baby steps, baby steps. It's good she is moving towards some independence away from boyfriend. Hopefully, she will get a group of good friends and continue to move forward in her life.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thats good news Jane. After she gets settled in her own place, hopefully she will be putting some of that money in the bank, or maybe goes back to school.

Marcie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
The more she has good times away from boyfriend the more confident she will become that she can handle things on "her own". Hoping she sees the light........