Update on difficult child/Pretty good.

Jody

I couldn't find my earlier post, so I started a new one. My difficult child is in the psychiatric hospital. right now. She is doing pretty well. They increased her depression medication from 150 mgs to 300 mgs of Wellbuterin and a small increase of her Adderall Xr from 35 to 40 mgs. She is showing a lot of defiance but glad that she's not hiding it so well and they can see exactly what's going on. I think a lot has to do with irritablity. Hopefully she will be able to come home and behave. I am not holding my breath, but I am hoping for a longer time frame of being able to get along.

She made the honor roll. First time ever. Straight A's and B's. I am very proud of her effort that she has made to get her grades. It was not an easy thing for her, but so proud she did it!!!!!

DammitJanet

Well it sounds good that she isnt honeymooning for them. That is always for the best. They need to see her true colors. Wellbutrin can be a good medicine. Hope it helps her.

Jody

Sounds like it might be Friday. That will be if she keeps it together till then.

I quit my second job. I couldn't afford it but we can manage and I think I need to be home more to manage things. She needs three parents, not one who is tired, worn down and grumpy from being tired. It was time and I need some rest too. I hope it helps. I am also reading 123 magic again. I have to stop being suckered into arguments with her. I know better but it's easier said than done. She always wants the last word and it drives me nuts. Not the word just the control that she has to have.

Off subject but I had to have my dog put to sleep today. She was having some aggression issues that we couldn't get stopped. Anyway I told difficult child that I found a different home for her. I didn't want to lie but she is in the hosptial right now and working on issues and I didn't want that disturbed for a new issue, and also I know it was something that had to be done but I don't need one more thing for her to throw in my face. Has anyone had to lie about something like this before??? I don't feel right yet I certainly don't feel I am able to tell her with ehr anger issues and situation right now.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I agree it is a good thing she isn't honeymooning. Mine generally tends to honeymoon when he is in the psychiatric hospital but they are seeing some things this time.

It's great she received good grades this quarter!

So sorry to hear about your dog.

Sending many gentle hugs your way.