update on difficult child situation

BusynMember

That lap incident is likely the aftermath of sexual abuse. I'm so sorry for everyone. Unfortunately, since I saw it, I know how manipulative these kids are and how afraid the other kids are on telling on them. They usually don't until the perp is gone and they are in good therapy for a while...it takes time for kids to trust anyone enough to tell what happened. usually, they feel it is their own fault because the perp tells them it is. But eventually the will tell bits and pieces, usually saying, "It only happened a few times" at first. They slowly slowly feel safe enough to tell the truth. That's when the other shoe drops.

ready2run

you are leaving and that is the right choice... you might need to implement a plan to protect your younger son like i have had to do here, i don't allow them to ever play alone with him and i have a beeper on his door so i know when he is out and i can go see what he wants and get him to either come where i am or back in his room. even if it is not sex abuse like what happened here, something manipulative and unhealthy is going on, and you are on to it.

HopeRemains

I don't allow them to play alone together, but I am obviously not THAT good, since these things keep happening in the mere moments I slip up and go to the bathroom, do laundry, etc. We do have an alarm on his door that we have not used in awhile. easy child sleeps with us now. husband is taking difficult child with him and not leaving him with me alone at all, which is a huge relief. If all goes according to plan, we will be leaving on the 18th.

DDD

Way To Go, Hoperemains. I have not been in your situation but based on my experiences helping children who were removed from unhealthy family environments I totally know that moving to your brother's house is right. I'm sure emotions are running high but just want you to know that I admire your quick action serving as your easy child's advocate. Hugs DDD