Update on difficult child-Steph

Mom2oddson

I'm not even sure where to start. I'm kind of shell-shocked over all of this.

As you might remember, Steph moved in with the In-laws in 2009. We've been paying a grand a month for her to stay there. Steph is still doing drugs/alcohol and doing what ever she wants and NOT getting any mental health care because according to mother in law - she has no problem. I'm the only problem in the kids life.

Well, on Monday night, father in law kicked Steph out. From what I've heard, he was pushed/shoving her. She wasn't allowed to take anything but her ferret. She wasn't even allowed to take the ferrets food.

husband talked to her yesterday. She has found a place to stay. She's staying with a friend and her family. husband suggested that Steph call the police to see about getting her stuff. Well, if the police went with her, she'd have 15 minutes to gather all her stuff. It was worked out that she would wait until mother in law got home, father in law would leave the house and she could get her stuff. The parents/friend that she is staying with went with her to keep her safe.

When all of this was still up in the air, it was hard. I've never wanted Steph with the In-laws so leaving them was good. But my baby had no place to go - not a good thing. She can't come back home until she is clean/sober. So I was really worried for a while. I'm glad that she has a nice place to go.

And husband called the support enforcement office. Steph isn't registered for school this year. If she's not registered by the end of next week, the child support goes away. ....So, I have a hunch that Steph must of refused to register for school and that is what sent father in law over the edge. He's all about money. And the idea of having her there and NOT getting paid to do it must of been the straw that broke the camels back.

So, that is what is happening in our world. Steph is no longer living with the In-laws. She has a part-time job. She's talking to husband! Child support will be going away. It's kind of weird. I'm not used to this. Like I said, I'm still shell-shocked.

keista

Sorry.

On the bright side? Since they can't deal either, mother in law can no longer claim that it's just you! Small consolation, but we take what we can get.

P

PatriotsGirl

A grand a month??? Holey moses!!! Hon, that is a LOT. At least it seems it to me. Maybe things are going to start getting better now.....we can have hope.....hugs and prayers sent your way!!!