update on difficult child

Steely

So far, all is good. He made the 12 hour trip safely, and has had a day at the camp successfully. The nurse and clinical director know of the d/c of the medications the wacko phosph did, and to be on the lookout for any repercussions from this.

I am impressed with the staff, and their conscientiousness. Although I cannot talk directly to matt, I have been in contact all day with many of their staff, and that has made me feel much better.

Thanks for the cyber hugs. I felt them today.
My personal update is on the watercooler.

Andy

I am so glad you were able to talk to the staff. The best news is that they were able to put your mind to ease.

Now, let's not disregard your other needs. You are breathing a sigh of relief for Matt, but how are you really feeling beyond that? Do you feel in control again?

More hugs coming your way - I have a feeling that it will take more time to relax about your son being in a place that you can not contact him.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you got to talk to the staff. They sound really great. You are a great mom and I am glad they were able to reassure you. I hope the d/c of the medications doesn't cause huge problems.

Sending many hugs.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Steely,

I'm on some of the CABF forums these days and today one of their members was posting about a couple of Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s in Utah... I wonder if one of them is where you sent M?

If you don't subscribe to their member forums, PM me and I'd be happy to email you the info that was posted. It sounded very positive and if it's the same place M's at, you might feel better hearing about it.

janebrain

Hi Steely,
glad you are feeling better-I know it helps to talk to staff. My dtr was at an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in Utah as well. I was very impressed with them and she stayed for 8 1/2 months. Unfortunately, in our case, she didn't seem to learn anything except how to "talk the talk" but it was a relief to have her living somewhere else where she was safe and our family could get a breather from her. I think she actually enjoyed being there once she quit trying to get herself kicked out. She started "fainting"--when they assured her they could care for her there, no matter what her physical problems were, she got down to work.

She used to brag that she was in a "lock-down" facility, guess she thought she was tough.

Anyway, please do take this time now for you. Your son is safe and in good hands it sounds like. Let them do their job and you take care of you!

Hugs,
Jane

Christy

Hi Steely,

Glad you got to talk to the staff. A little reassurance goes a long way. I hope things continue to go well.

hang in there,
Christy

Steely

Thanks guys,

Jane, I understand. Matthew has mentioned that he could just run when he is 18.........and I said, yep, but since you are in a desert 600 miles from a major city I hope you have a camel and about 900 liters of water:tongue:

OpenWindow

Steely,

I'm so glad you have been talking with the staff and they seem to have everything under control. That's a huge relief and now hopefully you'll have some time for you.

Linda