Update on easy child/difficult child

Josie

I've posted here several times about my easy child/difficult child's situation. After a terrible round of SSRI and Anafranil trials, she has been laying in bed most of the time and only going to school 1/2 day at best. This has been going on since at least the beginning of Oct.

I took her to an Environmental psychiatrist who ran some tests and said she should take 5-HTP to help with Serotonin and Vitamin C. She started that on Friday and the past 2 days, she has definitely improved. I hope I am not jinxing myself saying this.

She still says her head hurts but she is not laying in bed nearly as much. She's still coming home early from school but she gets in the car and doesn't start telling me how bad she feels. She wanted to go shopping for a school service project after school today instead of laying in bed. She's been joking around and she has a twinkle in her eye again. She has even had some Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) triggers that haven't gotten out of control.

I am surprised if it is the 5-HTP working so quickly. It seems too good to be true.

She always responded quickly to the SSRI's in terms of her Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and anxiety but the side effects were too much for her. This is supposed to have less side effects so hopefully that won't happen with this.

I am just grateful to see some improvement after all this time. Just thought I would post something positive about her.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad to hear there is improvement! :thumb: I hope it continues to get better and better! :dance:

Josie

5-HTP is a natural supplement! It is an amino acid that is supposed to be needed for making serotonin.

That is why I am so surprised. The theory sounds good but I am surprised if it is working that it worked so quickly.

She is also taking amitriptyline so maybe that has finally kicked in. Either way, I am thankful for a few days of the old easy child. She's upstairs taking a bath without a huge scene now. This is a big improvement!

F

flutterbee

:thumb:

Great update! It must be so nice to see your daughter back again.