Update on hearing

Steely

Thanks for the good vibes today:) They worked. The EEOC accepted my case (yay) and I underwent 5 hours of questioning. Now I have to write rebuttals and do a bunch of homework, which is crazy, but I am still glad they are at least saying my case has validity.

The guy said it could take years for it to settle and not to give up - and I told him I don't care - as long as something is done about the illegal activities at this company. He said the main weakness in my case is not enough witnesses and documentation - so we will see.

The EEOC is supposed to remain impartial to both parties, but this guy seemed to really want to see what we could do to make my case solid. So we will keep our fingers crossed!:)

DDD

Sounds encouraging and I am so glad for you. It makes a difference when you "feel" that the person you're addressing "get's it". Continued good luck. DDD

H

HaoZi

Sounds like if it's something they do often he might be able to find some whistleblowers inside that can get more current info and show an ongoing pattern.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm glad it's going well - and I will keep pretzeled. Rebuttals aren't easy but sounds like it's going well!

susiestar

Roll With It
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! I am very happy for you! I am sure it won't be easy, but I hope they find for youa t each step. It takes a lot of courage to stand up like this. Don't ever forget how strong you are - even when you feel to weak to continue.

If there is legwork that needs to be done, esp if it can be done via phone or computer, just reach out. I don't know if getting former employees to join you would help, but it might be worth looking. If you need help with phone calls or business letters, I am pretty good with them. I am very good at writing scripts for phone calls as well, so if you need to talk to people in other areas, I can help and make sure that the same basic things are being answered. On of the big challenges in phone surveys and phone polling (other than being hated by everyone, lol!)Is getting everyone to ask the same question in the same way so that the answers can be analyzed accurately. Some of that might come in handy if you find some past employees and want to figure out what went on when they left, Know what I mean??

I know you prefer to do things yourself, and I fully understand. just wanted to offer some help that is a bit more in real life than the computer screen. No harm no foul if you have it handled.

Being fired wrongfully is a truly horrible feeling - been there done that. So I am SUPER proud of you for not just taking itand moving on. (by the way, in business letters/documents my spelling and grammar are vastly more grammatical :tongue:

Steely

Thanks guys - and thanks Susie for the offer of help. I will see what all this entails, and possibly send you some stuff to proof if needed. I don't think I will need to call people, the EEOC will do that.

I have 3 other people in the company that this also happened to, so I am trying to get them to at least file their own claim so that all 3 of ours has more clout together. Weird how resistant people are to standing up and telling the truth - sad really - they let their fear dictate their world.

I was surprised to see how interested they were in my claim! God is there really justice somewhere in this world???

However, I do have to admit that after talking about all of the crazy traumatizing events that happened with this boss for 5 hours, I had a full blown anxiety attack after I got off the phone. I am going to have to just keep all of this in balance given I am going to spend the next month with my Mom helping her with the last of the details with my Dad's death.
.:imok:

TerryJ2

Way To Go, Steely! Yes, it does take a long time. Mo's turn into yrs. Write down every single thing so you don't forget. It's amazing how we can forget, when we assume we never will.
I am hoping that the others get rid of their fear and step forward. I agree, it is sooooo aggravating that people walk away like that.
Many hugs. I'm right behind you.