update on hospitalization

B

bran155

Hello all. I just wanted to give an update to those who have so kindly given me advise and sent me hugs. My daughter has been in the hospital. for about 11 days now, she will be discharged early this week. I was hoping to keep her in until we get our new court date, so she can stay off the streets, but you all know how the system works. I did however, get a new social worker, one who is pro-active in getting my daughter the proper treatment. We are going to change her services from behavior management to just psychiatric, duh!!! It only took 3 years for them to figure out that she needs more than discipline!!! Anyway, I filled out an application for something called SPOARS, a more intensive case management that is purely for psychiatric services. Anyone heard of this?? We are looking into two different placements, both long term hospitals that specialize in DBT therapy for borderlines. One in Vermont, it is a 6 month program, the other is in Mass., it's only a 28 day program. They say those places are very hard to get into. I say, let's try, what do we have to lose right? In the meantime, she will be coming home soon and I am terrified!! The system stinks!!! I do however, love my new social worker, she is very knowledgeable and on top of things. She came with me to the hospital for a meeting, she is coming with me again to the hospital for another meeting on Tuesday and is going to court with me as well. So I am very grateful for that. I only hope nothing horrible happens while we, once again, wait for things to start happening.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks so much for giving me the support I so need and for the great advice as well. I will keep you all posted. God bless. :)

house of cards

I'm glad you have a supportive social worker, I hope she can help you get into one of the programs you mentioned. Prayers for your difficult child to be able to handle the wait at home and for you to have a strong peaceful strength within yourself.

TerryJ2

Hi Bran,
I'm glad this social wkr is a good one and that you like the new plan.
I've never head of SPOARS. I'm sure someone here will have heard of it, though.
Best of luck with-everything. Thanks for giving us the update.

susiestar

Roll With It
i don't know anything about the new program, but am very happy you have a good caseworker. That can mean a world of difference.

I hope her discharge and homecoming go well, and that you can get her into one of these programs, or another one.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Bran,
I'm so glad that you have a good social worker and hope your difficult child gets the help she needs. I hope she is able to get into the new program soon. Hugs to you.

KTMom91

Glad to hear that the worker is a good one! Sending hugs and extra strength so you'll be ready when she comes home.

B

butterflydreams

Sending cyber support and hugs that you will be ready when she comes home. I am glad that you like the new social worker. It's awful when the system stinks like that.

Christy

witzend

I'm glad to hear that you are finally getting some help for your difficult child. Enjoy the next few days until she comes home.