Update on husband.......

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sending you strength to get you through.......sorry we can't take away the pain.......you and tweedles are in my thoughts and prayers...........

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending so many gentle hugs. I am glad his company is helping, and that the docs are so kind and patient with the tweedles.

Please know you are in my thoughts and in my heart everyday.

F

flutterbee

Oh, Linda. I'm so sorry.

I am sending you all the strength I can muster.

((((((Hugs)))))) to you, my friend.

Marguerite

Thanks for the update, Linda. I justwidh it was better news.

It sounds like you're doing everything possible to make sure that wm & kt are aware of what is going on, as best as possible, so they can be best prepared for whatever comes from the current uncertainty.

Consider the candles lit, the beads rattling.

Marg

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Linda,
Lean on us as much as you need to...that's what we're here for. My heart, good thoughts and prayers go out to you and the tweedles.

((hugs))

Genny

Nancy

Linda, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I had no idea that your husband had an addiction problem, it seemed to have come up so quickly but perhaps I either missed discussions about it or you kept it personal, completely understandable. But I'm so sorry for what you have suffered through all these years, it never seems to end.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

BusynMember

I"m so sorry. I read the Watercolor only sometimes, and I'm out of the Loop. (((Hugs))) and lots of light thrown your way for these tough times...and for the kids too.

B

butterflydreams

Linda, I am so sorry for what your family is going through right now. I am sending many hugs and prayers your way.

Hugs,

Christy

TerryJ2

Linda,
what a trial. I am sending lots of hugs and strength.
You are incredible.
The most heartening thing about your note was the grace and wisdom of the crisis team doctors, helping your kids cope. Beautiful. And your husband's employer sounds supportive and sympathetic, as well.
You probably feel like you are walking in a fog right now.
I hope your husband is not in any pain.
I know all about DNR, but only to a point. I've been through it with other people, but never my husband. There is a difference.
Thank you for posting. You are so sweet.
I wish I could do something to help.

wakeupcall

Linda, it often seems like one is given more than they can handle. You handle it all. You are one of the strongest women I've ever known. I'm so sorry that your family is being challenged like this. Thank goodness you are also surrounded by strong people who are helping the best they can. You and your family are in my thoughts.

DammitJanet

Hugs Linda....Im so sorry and we are all praying for you here at my house. Give those kids hugs from me and Tony. (and the whole clan)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Linda, thank you for the update....I've been thinking about you and your family.

I wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for all of you. I could wax philosophical but philosophy only registers in the brain, not the heart. I'm too far away to come sit with you, cook, clean, run errands or just hug you, but know that if I were closer, I would be there in an instant. So....I'll do the only thing I can....pray for all of you and send you as big a supply of virtual hugs as you need.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you everyone. The last 48 hours have been nonstop phone calls; a roller coaster of emotions. As kt left for respite it hit me just how angry I am right now. All of this chaos over a bottle of whiskey ~ a 6 pack of beer.

My brother in law & sister in law went to the hotel where husband was living to pick up his things & bring his car home. The manager had inventoried husband's things & promised the car wouldn't be towed until we came to pick up husband's belongings. brother in law & sister in law had just missed the tow truck.

As I was trying to put husband's things away I could tell he was ill long before he entered the hospital; I had to stop right then & there.

That was it - I fell apart. Too many things - too many directions. No clear answers or end in sight. Good or bad. Nothing.

I'm so glad kt is out to respite this weekend; I need the time alone to process. I need to talk, I need to cry or get angry with-o worrying over kt's emotional response to seeing mama totally falling apart.

After I'd settled down a bit, kt called from respite wanting to be picked up. She was definitely agitated. I reminded her of her self calming plan & asked respite staff to offer her PRN medications. Let me know if things escalated. Appararently it hadn't - I heard nothing.

A friend I used to work with is taking me to the impound lot to pick up husband's car.

Each & everyone of you are my rock right now. I feel very isolated even though there are 3 or 4 people here in town pitching in to help. The majority of it is falling on my shoulders - I'll handle it; I pray I get some kind of break when all is said & done.

May this be over soon.....

SRL

We're here for you Linda, holding you up with our thoughts and prayers. You can't know how many times I've wished I lived closer to give you the kind of hands on help I know you need. Somehow a cyberpot of homemade chicken soup just doesn't cut it the same way.