UPDATE on husband

mstang67chic

Going Green
*as of 9:50pm Friday*

husband is still in the hospital but as long as they keep up on the medication for his fever, he feels pretty good. As soon as they back off on that though, his fever pops right back up to 101 and up. Hopefully that will start staying down on it's own but for now they have to keep up with the medications. He's still getting the IV antibiotic (Levoquin?? Something like that....I keep forgetting to write it down)

I'm not sure if they have done a culture (but I will find out) but the doctor seems to think that the problem is some sort of nasty urinary infection because of the fever, the white cell count and the pain with urination. He's still having some of that too which he says REALLY hoovers as he goes about every 10 minutes because of the IV's. LOL Poor guy.

He's really hoping to come home tomorrow but if his fever sticks around like this and if his blood count hasn't changed, I'm guessing it will be at least another day. At least tomorrow I'm only working till noon so I can be up there with him for more than a couple of hours.

And that guy....I think he's a keeper. Yesterday, while feverish and sometime between accepting the delivery of our new central AC unit and going to the doctor, he ordered me an Edible Arrangement for Mother's Day! I got it at work today and was completely surprised! When I was visiting him tonight he said, "See....THAT'S why I wanted you to go to work today! LOL"

difficult child on the other hand, has not gone with me to see husband (asks how he's doing but doesn't want to go up. "He's up and walking, he's fine. I don't need to." ) Instead, he waits till I get home, pooped at 9:30 or 10 to ask me what we're having for dinner. If I had the energy, I'd smack him.

husband just wants to go home. He's sick of the hospital and I can't blame him. But....even if I didn't know before just how bad he was feeling, I definately do now. He's one that doesn't go to the doctor just anytime. It has to be bad or he goes because he has something planned that he wants to not be sick for. Tonight he was talking about how much better he felt and admitted to being so feverish when he came home Wednesday night that he shouldn't have been driving. Coming from him, that's a LOT.

Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I've passed them on to husband and he says to thank you and that he appreciates it. OMG....I laughed so hard. I got an email from one of the gals on one of my yahoo groups. It was basically she hoped he felt better soon, hoped the docs figured it out, etc. The last line though had me cracking up.

Die little germ....DIE!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Glad things are looking up a bit. Yeah, staying in a hospital stinks. You want your own bed.

Abbey

KTMom91

I don't blame him for wanting to be home. Hope the docs figure things out soon. How sweet of him to think of you...enjoy your edible arrangement!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If it is a urinary tract infection sounds like he's got a lu lu. Had one like that back when husband and I were first married. (first sign of my kidney issues) I'd went to doctor because I had symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). He gives me a strong antibiotic to take for 10 days. (family history) I take it, along with the pain pills. Thought I was better at the end of those 10 days. Went back to work. Two days later couldn't get out of bed. Raging fever, chills, and I felt worse than any flu before or since. Called my sis who also has kidney disease, she practically carried me into the urologist who put me right into hospital. The infection was 10 times worse than it had been before (and it was awfully bad then). Two weeks of oral and IV antibiotics finally knocked it out.

I hope husband starts feeling better soon. Only thing... how did his urinalysis come back? Usually with an infection bad enough to land you in hospital, it's obvious via urine test, no culture needed. If it wasn't obvious with the urine tests and the culture comes back positive, you might want to ask for husband to be tested to be certain there is no blockage in either the ureters or urethra. The blockage itself could be causing spasms that are making it painful to urinate. (speaking from long experience here)

Saying a prayer husband gets well very soon. What a sweetie, and definately a keeper! He doesn't have a twin somewhere, does he??

((hugs))

mstang67chic

Going Green
This is why I want a culture done. According to what we've been told, the basic urine test done in the doctor's office yesterday showed what the doctor called pus cells. All of the ones following though were clear. He doesn't have any problems going other than the pain. I can actually vouch for that because I've helped him guide his IV stand in the bathroom and heard him go. It sounds just like it always does with no interruptions so I don't know if this is just a guess on the doctor's part or if he actually has test results to back it up. Figures though that the day I'll have the time to actually be up there a lot is a weekend.

Oh and no twin that I know of. If there was....I may be greedy and keep them both! :devil:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've been absent so much this week ~ I'm sorry I missed this mustang. Hope that bothersome germ is identified & eradicated ASAP. You husband sounds like a real keeper.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad he is feeling better and hope they find out what is causing this soon and that he is able to come home soon. Very cool that he sent you such a neat Mother's Day gift!