Update on husband

tina duann

Janet, my love and prayers are with you, husband and kids. I will keep him on my prayers list and pass this on to family and friends. Please keep us updated as possible.

slsh

member since 1999
Oh Janet... rattling beads like mad here. Thank goodness he was at work. Glad Jamie is coming down.

Sending you and your family many many *many* good thoughts, hon.

saving grace

I am praying for you and your husband tonight Janet, how hard it must be for you not being able to get to him. You must have been going out of your mind with worry,

Please post when you can and we will continue to pray for a full recovery.

Grace

Janet,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, and the rest of your family too... I'm praying that your husband recovers quickly and that you and your family have the strength you need to get through this difficult time as best as possible... I hope this makes sense - Words just seem so inadequate right now. Sending cyber hugs and a cyber shoulder to lean on... WFEN

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
OMG Janet. I'm sending lots of good thoughts and hugs. I hope you get good news soon.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Janet, I wish I lived closer so I could at least sit and wait with you. Many hugs. Keep us informed. </span>

DammitJanet

Here is the update as I know it for tonite:

It appears that he has had some sort of TIA because they found a small spot on the MRI near his brain stem. What is most troubling is that the symptoms of a TIA normally resolve themselves within a short period of time..less than a hour, and his double vision is still a problem.

He can see out of both eyes if he shuts each one and looks out of the other independently but if he tries to open them both and see then he gets bad double vision and he cant walk or anything. They have patched the eye that has the badly dilated pupil for now. He will see an ophthalmologist in the morning.

They have done MRI's, CT scans and EKG's. They have taken a ton of blood ...in fact they took 14 tubes just a little while ago. Now the docs did say that his blood pressure was good and his heart rate was good...so that sounds promising. However, they did say that they were going to put him on aspirin and check his cholesterol which I can only assume will be high.

Jamie is staying in the room with him for the night and I am going to catch a ride up in the morning on the work van. Im taking enough clothes to get me through until he can come home...lets hope maybe he gets discharged in the next day or two. Without insurance Im betting they dont keep him longer than they have to.

He is already freaking out about how we are going to manage with him out of work. He thinks he might just miss a week. Im not saying anything but I think that is a bit optimistic.

Thank you for the update. More prayers being sent your way. DO something for yourself tonight if you can to relax. Take care of yourself. Hugs and a big BIG Chicago shoulder to lean on.

klmno

Thoughts and prayers are with you. It sounds like they are narrowing in on the problem and that's a real good sign- all the tests they've done and they are keeping him hanging in there. I'm glad you get to see him soon.

Ephchap

Janet,

Sending mega hugs your way and lots of prayers for husband. I'm so glad Jamie will be there with you and husband, and that you'll be able to catch a ride there in the morning.

Deb

Janet - I have just seen this post and I wish I could do something for you - other than offer prayers and cyber hugs.

I have sent up a few prayers for your strength and your husband's recovery.

I hope you will be able to get some sleep tonight. You must maintain your health in order to help your husband.

My thoughts are with you, Janet. Stay strong. And please keep us posted if you can.

Amy

busywend

Sending prayers for you and husband. I hope things get figured out quickly and husband is right about the 1 week - that would probably be best case scenario.

K

Kjs

Sending many prayers. My mother had an eye thing like that happen to her. Her retina detatched. They were able to reattach and all was well. Hopefully it will be something simple like that. Thinking of you.