Update on husband's mood medications dilemma

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I know I posted this on the General page earlier today/yesterday whatever...

Anyway... I talked to husband more about how much improved his mood is on the Lamictal and how worried I was that if he goes off it and doesn't go on something else to help his mood that the progress we've made lately in our relationship would be lost.

He must have heard me and taken it seriously. When the doctor suggested taking him off all medications today, he said that I had told him his moods were better on the medications and then turned to me to take the ball from there. Of course I RAN with it ;) But the doctor got the message, and said he would recommend either Trileptal (preferred), Tegretol or Keppra.

husband is mulling over which one at this point and will call with his decision tomorrow.

I also reminded husband that if he wants to go off the Lamictal and still treat his mood "issues" (can't really call it a disorder with him yet... he's a little sensitive to that) he always has the option of going back to the psychiatrist or even his GP to ask about other non-seizure medications that are used to treat mood swings.

For some reason, this was just a very good day for communicating with him and he was very open and receptive to me.

:beautifulthing: