Update on kt's pass home...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
ktbug came home Friday for a potential overnight pass if the first 4 hours went well - they did & she spent the night.

I allowed her 2 hours on the phone (land line) with her BFF (seemed like the more normal thing to do) & told her I would be checking in on her so be prepared to answer.

We overslept the next morning & I had to take her back fairly early. All in all a good first overnight pass.

She is up for level 2 at Residential Treatment Center (RTC); since her run something seems to be hitting her. She's making sense, learning when her thinking is distorted & why. She's actually been taking notes. We discussed many issues while she was home ~ her worst fear that I would die & she'd be left in foster care once again.

I assured that nothing that is going on is terminal, just a PITA. kt just laughed at that then hugged me & took Sally for a walk.

If I already posted this I'm sorry. I didn't think I had posted about kt's pass.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's very encouraging to hear! Sounds like she is making strides in her growth and healing. I hope this trend continues.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
That's great news, Linda. One day she will tell you that she needs you because she loves you, not just because she is scared you will leave her through death. You are a very lovable woman.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda I'm so glad her overnight went so well and she seems to be getting back on track. Her fear is a very normal one. Sounds like she's learning from this experience so at least something good is coming out of it.

((hugs))

susiestar

Roll With It
I hadn't heard about the pass before. I am so happy it went well. Sounds like she is really working hard to get her problems as under control as she can.

Hugs to all of you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
When kt is self aware I'm always amazed at her own insight. The fact that she's accepting others concerns (i.e. "accusing her" is her usual take) about her distorted thinking makes me feel that I'm becoming the parent of a young adult. If she stays medication compliant & begins the process of controlling her dangerous behaviors & distorted thinking I will be a very happy mom.

Thank you all - we had a good time & I look forward to more of these passes.

busywend

I have a good feeling about that young woman. I think she will make you very proud!

Glad you had a good visit!

TPaul

Idecor8
timerlady,
I great big group shout of, GGGRRRREEEAAATTTT!!!!!!!

I am so glad that your time went well together. I know that you cherished the calm time you had with her. She is lucky to have such a caring and loving mother.

Been here just a short time but I do find that when we hear of one of our Special Children doing well with their Special Parents it brings smile to our faces and maybe even a few tears to our eyes.

We all truly want the best for each other and for our children and this board surely is a step in helping up each and every day, with each and every post. The post on struggles helps up know that we truly are not alone on the crazy mixed up road we are walking on with our kids. The post lile these on the successes of our battle warriors give hope to the ones of us, that do not see a light at the end of our current tunnel. It helps us keep throwing away the stones of set backs and trials, melt downs and drug side affects, and keeps us walking forward. Dragging our children screaming and kicking down the road sometimes maybe, but keeping them traveling forward none the less.

A great big heart felt high 5
T.Paul

Star*

call 911........call 911
THat is the BEST SMILE I have had ALL day -

Sorry I didn't see this until late but I have been busy at the watering hole....lol.

THanks Linda - I said extra prayers for KT - and for cookies - (Know what I mean?) haha. Being glucose intolerant - can't have cookies - so I'm glad your neighbor was able to use them (I KNOW you are smiling)

Hugs & Love
Star

Are you going to paint/draw something for Thanksgiving for your avatar? Can't wait!!!!! You lil' turkey you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
ktbug is quite the difficult child isn't she? She builds & builds & blows after 10 or 12 months. This year she blew after 5 - mostly due to husband dying.

I'm very proud of her - she's being brought up by staff to go to level 2 of the program. :D