update on Major

house of cards

Major threatened suicide while at school and was seen by crisis back in June. The p-nurse that evaluated him impressed me a lot. She really seemed to get him, (it didn't hurt that the poor kid was scared stiff and was totally honest and open for a change). This lady gave me the name of a t-doctor literally 5 minutes from my home. I had told her I was tired of counselling that just thought everyone had ADHD and needed firmer limits, she said this guy would "get it".

I think I have found someone that can be part of the team. He does cognitive behavior therapy usually with adolescents and adults but he is willing to try with Major. He does have us doing behavior modification but I do think he will realize that there are times when that just won't work, and then again, there are times when it will.

He isn't a cure-all, just a piece of the puzzle Major needs to succeed but, I'm just relieved he doesn't make things worse and that Major can build a relationship with this guy to help him through his teens. He also is willing to help with the schools...wow...real help, I'm overwhelmed.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kathie-Sounds like you both have been through a lot the last couple of months. I'm glad this therapist is so helpful and willing:)

M

ML

Excellent news! I'm so glad that you found someone that just might help make a difference. Right on.