Update on me :)

KFld

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and give everyone a little update on me.

#1 My divorce should be final on March 18th......yeah!!!!!!! I'm praying, praying, praying nothing delays it and don't see any reason anything should.

I cannot even believe that next week I am looking at a half a year already since we split. The time really has flown. I guess because with each passing month I become happier and happier :)

#2 I met somebody two weeks ago through friends of mine. We were at the same place at the same time and started talking and really hit it off. I am taking it slow slow slow slow, but I really enjoy his company. He is so totally opposite of my s2bx. He has a great sense of humor, which to me is one of the most important things in a relationship, plus he is respectful and also has his own reasons for taking it slow. He is taking me out tonight for Valentines day and I have to admit, I am looking forward to Valentines day more then I have in many many years. I'm actually going out to dinner with someone I enjoy spending time with :)
Great conversation, great company!! We both believe in becoming friends before we move any further.

I haven't told easy child/difficult child yet that I have been seeing someone, but I will shortly. My easy child daughter is so happy about it though. She met him, likes him, and totally approves of mom dateing.

So from looking back 6 months ago to when my life was in the gutter, I am now looking ahead to a much happier healthier life.

My dad has also moved out of the house in Florida where him and my mom lived for 10 years. He moved to the Villages in Florida yesterday and we all know in our hearts it is where he belongs. He is happy, I am happy, everybody is happy.

I just wanted to fill you all in on the current changes in my life and let all of you know that I am doing well and for today I am very happy :)

wakeupcall

Oh, Karen, thanks so much for posting. I wish you nothing but the best...you deserve it. Have a wonderful time at dinner!

Pam

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Was just wondering where/how you were.....good things happening in your life can totally change your outlook........thanks for the update........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Karen,

I'm glad to see your spunky sense of humor shining! Enjoy your date tonight you hot Momma - can't wait to see what the gossip is this time. lol (just kidding)

Happy Valentines Day -

Me thinks your dad has moved in a place one of our members lives.

janebrain

Karen,
what great news! I am so happy for you and your new life! I hope you have a wonderful night tonight. Please keep us updated...
Jane

Nancy

Greta news...just goes to show how resilient the human spirit is. Would you have ever believed you would be this happy six months ago? Good for you Karen.

Nancy

Marguerite

Karen, I'm really happy for you.

I'm glad you're taking things slowly, too. My best friend is in this situation - her husband left before I even knew her, and I've known her for nearly 20 years. Her boyfriend has been in her life for over ten years, they are also taking things very slowly. They both still need to heal, there is no indication yet that they will marry or move in together for a while, but they often stay over at each other's places.
She said to me, "It is wonderful to be finally learning that physical contact doesn't have to involve being hurt." She describes her ex as someone who "used his fists as foreplay."

Time and gentle loving is healing a lot of wounds for her.

Take your time. For his sake, for your sake and for easy child/difficult child's sake. You will know when the time is right. You're in no hurry now; enjoy your freedom and individuality. You submerged both for far too long.

Marg

saving grace

Karen thanks for updating, I have really missed seeing you around. I am so very happy for you and your new journey in life.
I can hear the happiness and peace in your words.

Grace

trinityroyal

Karen,
It's great to hear that you're doing so well. Your happiness shines through in your words.
Hope you had a great time on your Valentine's date. And you're right. Slow is good.

Wishing you all the best and continued happiness,
Trinity