update on me

Jena

hi!

i've missed so much lately. sorry haven't been in here much been trying to keep up with the kids etc.

so i'm working on trying to forgive husband. yes i am. it's work. we are at therapy ALOT. yet there is so much junk we utilize most of the time to work thru current issues instead of how to handle eachother moving forward. the ex junk for now has stopped.

i just thought ok i have alot going on here. is now the time to toss him? they say when your in crisis u should wait ayear till you make a major life decision. so that's what i'm doing.

me, healthwise isn't good. i'm working on finding a new doctor. my current doctor is pretty sure it's ms. i think he's probably right. yet i want a second opinion. i've been thru bouts of the usual dizziness, loss balance, blurred vision. and the new thing is nodules on my hands big ones that hurt alot. joints swollen etc. i want a fresh pair of eyes to look at me. my breathing has also been challenged and upper respirtory. yet had xray done about 9 mos ago and lungs were clear heart looked fine.

tha'Tourette's Syndrome that. i want to know for sure what i have so i can start working on slowing it down because i can see it's giong to get me more often now. my bouts are happening once a mos now, and their lasting longer. after their done i'm usually not bk to 100 percent like in past.

and i found a local ny therapist!! which is good. portland one just simply went awol on me!

i also re established boundaries with my dear sweet mom lol. also told her how we should work at having a healthy relationship etc . she wrote back just keep it to kids events etc. no desire for more. so i've been working on releasing that too and not getting too hurt by it.

i let go of my dad last year, so now its time to let her go, she just caused havoc mostly anyway

hoping all of you are well

((Hugs))

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hey sweetie,

You sound like you're in a better place. And you know what? That's good. Any health issues you have - any at ALL - will be made worse by the stress of dealing with the difficult children in your life. And if you're anything like me, that includes yourself occasionally.

Have a local therapist is much better, in my opinion. 'Cause honestly, sometimes you just need to SEE their face. I'm waiting for new insurance to kick in, to see who I might be able to go to.

Hugs...

Jena

i'm paying cash sliding scale fifty a session not too bad.

yea going is good not only to talk about your own junk, yet it's a good release someone out of our circle to vent to about our kids... you gotta release it somehow!

didn't see any updates from you on board.... how's life there??

TerryJ2

MS? OMG, I'm so sorry. Just what you need, eh?
Glad you found a new therapist. You will get a lot of use out of him/her.

TerryJ2

Where is the most recent thread about your and husband? I read one b4 I left for NY about him answering the ph during a CPS mtng and talking to his ex and then I lost track.

Steely

You sound like you are in a much healthier mental space which is fantastic. Now you can focus on your health - I had no idea you were also dealing with that too. Sending strength your way to get the right medical help - there are a lot of auto immune disorders out there that mimic each other - so please get second, third and even fourth opinions before you decide on a course of treatment.

Jena

hi

yes that's what i thought. before i go doing the good old homeopathic remedy thing i gotta get a second opinion. something tells me the possiblity of schloderma is a possibility that's a big joint thing and nodules. they never ran a blood test for that. the only one that they missed.

LittleDudesMom

Jena,

if you have received a diagnosis of MS from your doctor, you need to walk, not run to another neurologist if you believe you need a second opinion. Usually when a diagnosis of MS is given, treatment options are discussed and begun ASAP to prevent further neurological damage.

You need a thorough neurological examination, which usually results in an MRI, spinal tap, and evoked potential tests.

My sister was diagnosis with MS eight years ago after suffering a miriad of symptoms for two years. She began two courses of treatments immediately. In each subsequent year from that point, she has her annual MRI to check for new lesions. This past year was the only year her MS showed some progression. Modern treatments can make a huge difference along with healthy eating, exercise and stress management.

Sharon

H

HaoZi

Hope you get help on whatever's wrong soon Jen. I keep wondering about the link from auto-immune disorders to difficult child-ness, or if the auto-immune disorders are more linked to stress from dealing with difficult children. Seems a high percentage of parents here have some form of auto-immune disorder, more than one would see in a more general population sample.

Jena

i'm sorry about your sister. i'm glad the medications are helping. i spoke to doctor about medications, and he said most come with alot of side effects unpleasant. i called neuro guy also awaiting an appointment. i just want to run blood one more time before i conceed lol. ya know me.... im happy to say it's over this time. it ended this morning. visions still a bit blurry yet other than that all systems are working :)

how long did her bouts last? is she still totally functional? i cancelled horse back riding today due to hands and just stress ofhome didnt' have the energy to fight the horse today.

haozi i know interesting right??

TerryJ2

Jena,
I talked to husband last night and he asked if you'd had an MRI. He said he gets lots of pts who are diagnosis'd with-MS by a few symptoms. He treats them (or another chiro treats them) and voila! --they're "cured" of MS. NOT! They never had it to begin with. He said to be sure the dr does the right tests. FWIW.
Best of luck on this frustrating journey.

LittleDudesMom

Jena, I agree with Terry. A diagnosis of ms usually happens after everything else has been exhausted. An MRI and ultimately a spinal tap are necessary.

My sister, who started home injections within a week of being diagnosis, has not lost any significant neurological function yet. She religiously does the injections, except when she was prego with my nephew 2.5 years ago.

She is fully functional - chasing after her 2.5 year old son, keeping up with her 18 and 16 year old daughters, maintaining chickens, horses and goats, and working full time as the second in charge of finance for a large university here in my state!! Yeah, she is fully functional!

As far as I know, medication use is a total must with MS. It can prevent major "episodes" which can result in deterioration and it keeps the lesions down. That's not to say that my sister is symptom free, but it is definitely kept to a minimum by exercise, stress relief (she does yoga), a healthy diet, and medication. But, just with any other disorder or disease, everyone manifests differently.

Sharon

DammitJanet

MS is nothing to play with and you have to be dxd with standardized tests. There is no guessing if you have MS. Medication is needed too. Just look at Montel Williams. With some of the symptoms you have listed it could also be a rheumatoid issue or another auto-immune issue. Nothing you have ever posted would lead me to think of schleroderma. Mattsmom has MS. You seem really active compared to her. Heck, you are much more active than I am!

4timmy

Jena, so sorry to hear about the MS I can attest to how hard it is dealing when we aren't healthy ourselves.

When I took difficult child to his first psychiatric, he asked if I was under any kind of stress during my pregnancy. I was, too. Lost my job in my 8th month due to an acquisition and my mom was having brain surgery planned shortly after my due date. Anyways......

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I've had many symptons of an Auto Immune disorder for a long time now but doctors can never seem to pinpoint exactly what it is. Frankly, I got tired of going from doctor to doctor to have my blood drawn just to get the answer "we don't know" but there is an indication that there is something is going on. There have been two times now within the last week that I've had a fever and aches all over before bed, I pop some ibuprofen, and in the morning I'm fine again until the afternoon hits. I have a very short time span that I can even endure walking through the grocery store without pain in my legs and feet. I've just alway attributed the pain to me having small feet for such a big body :) I've often wondered if I could get in somewhere to get blood taken during these times of inflammation, if it might help the diagnosis. Your thoughts? Advice?