Update on Me

susiestar

Roll With It
I know you all have heard a ton about my back. Youare problem wondering what I am doing to get better. So far:

Daily stretching exercises at a minimum 3x per day

appointment for the steroid injection in 10 days

appointment with new doctor at Spine Clinic in another city on Mon.

medications as prescribed - lyrica is a wonderous thing!!

In touch by phone with doctor at ortho clinic. They are willing to do the surgery if the steroids don't work.

evaluation by chiro who is the best I have ever known in understanding the mechanics of the body. He said that the steroids were a nice thought but won't work. He gave excellen mechanical reasons why, such as bone spurs on the part of the vertebrae next to the spinal cord.

Asked for referral to another PT place because this one will not listen when I tell them the things they do cause migraines and much worse pain - the therapist will not do what the doctor prescribed because she says they don't get paid if I do home traction therapy. ARRRRGGHH. Not going there again, but at least they were honest about being money grubbers.

I am planning to get this stuff in order and get it done before Christmas if at all possible.

Just wanted to let you all know I appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers, and that I AM doing everything I can to make progress.

Thanks so much for all the care and support. You ladies are wonderful.

Hugs,

Susie

DammitJanet

Susie...

Im glad you are getting so much help from lyrica. I was really beginning to hold it out as a pretty good drug for me too but I have been charting some rather disturbing behaviors over the last 6 to 8 weeks and my moods are becomming increasingly volatile. At first, we kept trying to look for other causes to attribute these mood swings to but the only thing I think we can find new is the lyrica. Sure it could be that Im suddenly going through menopause at the same time but the timing would be a heck of a coincidence, or some other weird thing we cant figure out, but I think its the lyrica. Shame too because it was giving me some pain relief.

I even tried to decrease the dose but now Im even more irritable.

witzend

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Were you able to look into the pain relief implant? I'm very interested in hearing about anything that you learn about that.

I hope that things will continue to get better for you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

I'm glad to hear things are beginning to move forward for you. It can be so frustrating when all you want is to feel normal or pain free and it seems everyone are just spinning their wheels.

Hope it keeps progressing. :doctor: