Update!! on my grandaughter sexually assaulted

SnowAngel

We met with special detectives and a child advocate Friday. Today the District Resource Officer (police officer assigned to handle the school students and employees) called and said the boy is being charged with a class II felony. My niece doesn't sleep, is extremely moody and very clingy since this incident. The officer is making it mandatory for the school to provide her a different source of transportation to and from school. She is currently on home bound school so we aren't breaking the law for not sending her to school until actions are put in place.

I thank all of you for your advice, warm wishes and prayers. Our family appreciates everyone of you.

TerryJ2

Fantastic! Way To Go. It's nice to know there's a legal alternative for transportation, and that the officers were well versed in that.
Sending more good luck and healing wishes for your granddaughter.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You all did all of the right steps.

I'm glad the officer's are making sure the school is watching out for your granddaughter. And I'm relieved they're taking it all very seriously.

Keeping grandaughter and the family in my prayers.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Another voice so glad that the school is being forced to act appropriately. If you had left it up to the school to investigate, I seriously doubt any of the things your daughter needs would have come about.

Will the school pay for counselling? I seriously doubt that the school counsellor has training enough to handle this. I know that when my mother in law was a school counsellor (father in law also) training was not adequate for this.

Hugs to all of you!

Susie

Marguerite

This is good news. I hope your niece soon can feel safe again at school. How's Gramma?

I hope they're also going to investigate things for this boy, also - why would he do this, unless he himself had possibly been subject to similar abuse? I know it's not always the case, but I do think it needs to be considered. The best prevention is to heal the boy, if at all possible.

Marg

SnowAngel

The officer assured me he would make multiple un-announced home visits until he felt comfortable with his investigation of the boys situation and he would notify CPS if necessary. I too feel that the wiring is off somewhere in this boys picture, just not sure what it is. I am praying for him.

We found out late tonight that the officer thought it was the boys brother who did this to my niece. It actually was a 5yr old boy who doesn't speak english..UGH!! He wont be charged legally and I am not sure what the school will do for discipline. I am grateful the officer is concerned for the boy and questioning where he learned this behavior of tickling and then touching.

G

guest3

I know this may sound new age but after my assault my counselor really encouraged me to go for hypnotism, I didn't but I knew some post 9-11 survivors that did and it helped them ALOT. She is so young, it might be something to consider.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope the whole story comes out and your granddaughter is very protected.....and has no lasting bad memories......your family is in my prayers.....