:( :( Update on my grandfather

Mattsmom277

My aunt safely made the 8-9 hour drive yesterday. She made it safe but many many ditched cars from snowy road conditions.

My grandfather apparently looks terrible. Last night his fever spiked way up again and they have yet been able to get it down. He's going to OR again today, that makes i believe 4th surgery since Sunday night. I'm guessing that means the gangrene did indeed spread from the colon to the stomach too.

This is truly bogging me down emotionally. I think I've pretty much decided that if things are this grim Monday, I'm going to talk to the kids about the importance to me of meeting him etc. Ask if they could be happy with a very minimal Christmas so that I might be able to spend a few days visiting with him. I am sure they will be fine with it, just don't want to force it on them, let them feel its their choice.

:( I better take out stock in the Kleenex company

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MM

I worry that if you don't make the trip, even if it means staying with family members you don't know well with-hitching a ride with some of them, to meet your grandfather face to face and something happens......that you're going to have much trouble forgiving yourself for it. Your desire to connect with him is very strong.

And there is much more to xmas than presents.

I'm still praying hard. He must have a will of iron to withstand 4 surgeries so close together while so sick at his age.

((((hugs))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
M,

I am keeping you & your Grandfather in my prayers. I am always optomistic for a miracle.

Can you check Greyhound? How about Craigslist for rides there and Greyhound back?

Mattsmom277

Thanks everyone.

No new news at this point.

If things aren't looking good by Monday, I'll be looking into Greyhound. Its really my only option, but that's okay. I'd have to transfer buses in Toronto, which is fine, I love the city.

If it ends up I'm going, I'll let my aunt know when I'm arriving and book a hotel near to the hospital. However if a family member offers a place to stay, even though they are near strangers at this stage, I'll gladly accept. I just don't want anybody feeling put on the spot. I could probably only manage 3 days and two nights financially, but thats allright.

I do think I'll regret not going if things continue to go downhill for him. I don't want to live with that regret.