update on my heart

Mom2oddson

Well, both docs think the same thing...my heart isn't getting enough oxygen/blood flow under stress. They just differ on the reasons. One thinks blockage, one thinks valve problem.

Had blood work and and EKG today. Started taking daily aspirin. And on Monday I call to schedule the treadmill stress test to see which doctor is correct. Oh...and I now have nitro in my purse.

The doctor today said that I do have a few things in my favor.... I'm not diabetic, I don't smoke, I do get some exercise, and I didn't wait until things were much worse. So, that's the good news.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so very glad you didn't wait.

Will be praying and keeping my fingers crossed the stress test shows something easily treated. Are they doing the one where they do an ultrasound at the same time? Those are COOL And in my unexpert opinion probably give them much more info than the standard stress treadmill because they can SEE what the heart is doing.

Hugs

H

HaoZi

Is he referring you to a cardiologist? Glad you're getting the testing done (and that doctor is doing it, I was worried he wasn't that bright).

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm glad you went to the doctor. I don't mean to be a downer, but stress tests are only 80% accurate for women. Until recently, almost all studies of heart disease and tests, treatments, etc, were done primarily on men. So, do the stress test, but listen to your body as well.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Did they say anything about perhaps a pro-lapsed valve? Or a tear? OMG this is freaking me out MOM2oddson.......Do you think this is something that those Chinese herbs have done? I mean they were supposed to calm you down? do you think they maybe calmed you down too much? I dunno. When will you find out something for sure? When do you see a cardiologist? Okay on the blood work IS IT POSSIBLE that you have thick blood? Our oldest Kary had that problem. They put him on Coumadin. (not the most technical terms) but please be careful. PLEASE follow a stress free environment and make everyone around you just give you a complete break for a while!

Hugs & Love
Star

KTMom91

Glad you're having the tests done...hope whatever the docs find is something easily corrected. Many hugs.

DDD

Sure sounds like your healthy choices and early intervention are in your favor. I'm sure it won't take too long for the cardiologists to find the cause and take care of the problem. You've done your job and now it's time for them to do their's. Best of luck for speedy resolution. Hugs. DDD

Mom2oddson

Star,

I'll be okay. I'm getting my heart taken care of at the beginning of a problem instead of ignoring it. As far as the cause, it could be anything.

It could be from the 2 years with my ex that I was borderline anorexic/bulimic with a binging cycle on the side. He was never happy with my weight and I was stupid enough at that time to let his opinion of me be the only opinion. I went for months eating only 500 calories and always under 10 grams of fat every day, I tried for 0 grams if I could do it. Plus I exercised for 3-4 hours a day. I would either do laps for that length of time or be on a stationary bike. I'd exercise until I was about to pass out. I wasn't very smart back then.

Or it could be from having teeth that go bad at the drop of a hat. And they say that bad dental problems can lead to heart problems. It could be that I've been over-weight for 10 years now. I don't know.

However, I do know that I am taking care of myself. I've had my wake up call. My blood has never had a thickness problem so I don't think that is it.

Monday, I call to set up the appointment with internal medicine and I'll know more about what kind of test then. And I'll push to have the test done soon. I want to know what is happening. Until then, I'm eating very healthy (no coffee, no sugar, no red meats). I'm relaxing and not pushing myself.

Thank you for caring so much.

Steely

Sending many positive vibes - please keep us updated.....I am sure it will all be OK since you caught it so early.
Hugs,

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sounds like you're taking things step by step, very logical. I'm glad you're getting this all looked at and hope it's an easy fix. Big hugs and let us know how the tests go.