update on the burn

house of cards

Just wanted to let you all know how S is doing. He is such a trooper, hasn't complained once about not being able to go in the pool. The wounds have gotten much better and I feel that is partly because of all of your good thoughts and prayers as well as your advice. Most of his burns are starting to get color back in them, he has one area on his neck which is deeper then the rest about 1 1/2 " long and as wide as a pinkie finger nail...I think it may be 3rd degree and a small spot smaller then a nickel on his front shoulder that is still pink..not as deep as the neck mark but a little deeper then the rest of the area. I have gotten some very helpful advice from you all and am doing all I know to heal this as well as I can. Thank you all for your caring thoughts.

trinityroyal

Kathie,
Thanks for the update, and so glad to hear that your little one's burn is healing well. Saying more prayers for speedy and complete healing.

Trinity

meowbunny

I'm glad he's doing better. Now, the important question -- how are YOU doing? The guilt of your child being hurt and it being your fault can be pretty overwhelming. I hope you've started forgiving yourself. I'm sure your little one has.