update on the NC storm

DammitJanet

This may be a bit late but really it seems like really it is just now that I am hearing the full carnage that the storms did on saturday. There were a total of 23 tornadoes. Total of 26 dead and something like over 800 injured. I may have the number of dead and tornadoes backwards.

Billions in property damage. Top wind speed recorded was 160mph!

Saddest story I heard was one of the trailer parks up in the Raleigh area was hit hard and this mom lost all three of her kids. The last baby, a little girl, died today.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. It just boggles the mind. Really it does. I was looking at some of the reports.

Did you see the one where the baby was ripped out of the uncles' arms?? Baby survived unhurt........they have no idea how.

Janet did you have damage or did it miss you completely?

My prayers are with all those touched by these storms.

H

HaoZi

My heart goes out to all those affected by those storms, directly or indirectly. I think our paper said 45 dead across 6 states.

Steely

Seriously so sad. I think you have your data correct Janet. Cannot believe it. I am in Dallas and we got the storm as well, but it just intensified as it traveled north. Hope your property is ok.

DDD

It seemed to me that you hadn't posted much this week and I was fearful that you all were effected. Whew, it's a relief to read that you are aok. In the last couple of years the weather seems to be getting worse all over the country. My heart breaks for all those involved. DDD

DammitJanet

I am ok. We had two hurricanes and damage in the area from straight line winds. Scared Keyana to death when marble sized hail started hitting the trailer and her Papa and Daddy were outside trying to get stuff put up. The news was on telling everyone that if hail hit that the tornado was next so she was freaking out. I think we got the edge of the one that hit right below us with that hail.

Im just so upset for the folks in Cumberland Cnty, Wake Cnty and Dunn who lost lives. That little girl who was found in Dunn yesterday under a tree in her home still clutching a flashlight just haunts me.