Update on the potential disaster, Wee, and Cgfg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We had a shoot today.

My horse is not ready...so I just volunteered to work. Which is ok.

Cgfg, of course, was all about shooting. I started this "hobby" to be my "time away from it all" time. Now? The whole fam-damily is involved. But ya know what? I do love it. Cgfg TRULY enjoys herself. AND she's getting better all the time. Her last run tonight was absolutely PERFECT. AND - her sister came to watch her tonight, too. Which was really cool. I probably sounded like an idiot thanking her for coming.

AND, Wee decided to ride tonight, as well. Its been awhile since he rode at a shoot, and ever since our ride where he just took off on his horse finally? He's off. He wanted to ride that horse everywhere tonight! lol He rode the patterns alone and did awesome. So fun and rewarding to watch them, even tho I'm not even out there myself.

And me? I did my usual job of operating the computer and keeping time, along with running up and down the steps to the crow's nest at the arena about 100 times helping the kids get ready. And yes, I said that correctly. I ran up and down the steps. It wasn't until my last trip up that I realized I was popping up and down those steps just like I always did. Not entirely smooth, had a noticable limp, but it was a definite hop.

The first time I did that was leaving the therapy office after the first session. This is 24 hours after the second...hm....could it really be????

So....its been a cool (as in neat, not cool as in 40 degrees....) day. I'm sure I'll hurt tomorrow, but I don't even care.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sorry 3j. It's a horse riding event. Adults and older kids ride a 'pattern' of balloons set in an arena, and you shoot the balloons as you ride through the pattern. Cowboy mounted shooting. Tons o fun and very family oriented with utmost emphasis on gun safety and horsemanship. You WILL get thrown out for mishandling either.

susiestar

Roll With It
AWESOME news all around!!!!! Esp about your leg!

My only worry is that now you again have NOTHING that is just for you. Yes, you enjoy it. No, nothing wrong with sharing something you love with people you love. But, Girl, you have GOT to have some regular time that is just to do something for you all by yourself. Something you LOVE. That you do NOT share.

TerryJ2

Heck, at first I thought it was a photo shoot. Then I thought, foxes? In an arena? So glad you explained, lol!
And I'm so glad your step had a hop to it.
Maybe tomorrow you can just go by yourself and groom your horse? Just a little "me" time.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am sore today, but not bad. My 'bad' foot is also no more sore than my 'good' one. We had another small shoot this morning and I was able to do everything I needed to do just fine!
Wee and Cgfg ride again and did well. Was fun but HOT