Update on Tink

Steely

Kitty, when I have a brain I am going to give you my insight. For now, your post just brought up so much pain, that I cannot offer anything helpful. I am sorry. Please know you are loved and in my prayers daily.
Steely.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Can't offer any advice, just want you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you and Tink.

((((Hugs))))

Thank you ALL so much.

Just to let you know, my computer only occasionally allows me to come to this site! Sometimes I have no problem, other times the computer crashes before I can even get past the welcome screen.

Had a meeting with some of the staff yesterday. My concerns were addressed. I also have a call in to the supervisor in regards to the not-so-nice staff.

Not sure what to think about the "shanked" thing, I am pretty sure she overheard someone else say it once or twice, but I am not sure if these "voices" are in her head or her own thoughts or actually someone else talking. Her doctor told me yesterday that she did have both psychological and psychiatric testing, and he has changed her diagnosis to bipolar with psychotic features. She is not coming out for at least another week or so. They want to put her on a different unit, one that is more intense and individualized, but the downside is that she will have a new psychiatrist and therapist. Kinda on the fence about that.

My mind is spinning, having a hard time concentrating on else I want to say...sorry...just wanted to let everyone know I did see your responses and I really appreciate them. Bless you all.

XOXO

Steely

Thanks for the update Kitty.
It does sound like they are on top of things with Tink, although a bit slower than one would have might have hoped for.
I hope you can advocate for some different medications, if you think these are not the ticket.
Hugs.

crazymama30

Hugs. I wish I had great words of wisdom, but others who have been there done that have told you more than I could. I just wanted to offer you a shoulder.

klmno

I'm sorry I'm so late to this- I'm sorry you and Tink are going thru this. It is so hard to tell sometimes how much is the illness itself and how much is anxiety resulting from trying to deal with the illness- I guess that's an indirect result. ((HUGS)) to you and Tink both! Please keep us updated.

BBK, Sending hugs. Huge hugs. Know that things will get better, she'll be on the right kind of medication for her diagnosis, and she'll be monitered more closely, now and when she gets home.

When my easy child was in the psychiatric hospital, he behaved differently than he normally would, the time in there is when I thought he was acting crazy- he's been "normal" ever since he got out and the medicine got into his system. When Tink gets on the right medication, things will be a lot better, I know it. (((HUGS)))

TPaul

Idecor8
Dear Kitty,
Hope that everything goes well and sending a great big dose of strength and a soft and gentle hug to you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kitty,

Something else I was thinking about with the voices......

ASK THEM TO TEST HER HEARING. ASAP. They can bring in a portable hearing test or better yet take her to a lab and have her hearing tested.

I'm not saying this because she doesn't listen = the voices thing ----may be a pin hole in her ear drum....ESPECIALLY if she's had reocurring ear infections and has scar tissue then gets another ear infection. (Just found this out at the doctors) the hole lets air and it sounds like whispering and made me nuts. then the hole closes - scar tissue develops and no more whispers.

I really thought I was loosing my mind - or what was left of it.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is so hard when your child is in a psychiatric hospital. Esp since visiting can be very limited.

Sending many hugs to both of you (and Copper). You are all in my prayers'.

nvts

Lisa! I had no idea that you guys were going through this! I guess I've been a little self-absorbed lately - I feel like a terrible friend. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.

I'm rattling the beads and hope you're all ok.

Take care and update often!

Beth

Lothlorien

BBK, I'm so sorry to hear that things got to the point that you needed to put her in an Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). I hope things get better now that you spoke to the director and her doctor. Poor kid.

BBK,

Thanks for the update. I hope Tink is doing well on the new unit and you like the new therapist/psychiatrist. Even though it is HE77 living through this for both you and Tink, I'm so relieved she is getting the help she needs.

I think in the long run it's a good thing she is hospitalized now. From personal experience, I truly wish difficult child 1 had been properly diagnosed when he was as young as Tink and appropriate treatment had been started. It would have made a world of difference for him, for all of us living with him too.

Tink is lucky to have you for her mother. You are doing everything you can to help her. Hang in there. Things WILL get better.

I hope you get your computer running smoothly again soon!

Sending lots of hugs your way... SFR