Update on Travis

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The appointment for his physical seemed to go really well. I went back with him because he actually has little knowledge of his medication history except for dxes.

doctor said (I'm not even sure they're supposed to do this) that he's certain he has more than enough to write a report to get him qualified......at least as far as his goes.

Next is the psychiatric evaluation. I'm guessing this is for the autism?? I hope the person they picked to do it knows what they're doing.

DammitJanet

I hope you have a decent pysch. The one I got was an idiot. You know how they do those tests to see if you know dates to test memory? Well they do the one where they ask you what a pencil is for, draw a clock face, what a shirt and pants is for, what the year is, who the president it. That stuff. Obviously I have taken way too many psychiatric tests...lol.

Well this idiot doctor asked me what year the Challenger space accident happened. Well I know without a doubt that it happened in January of 1986 because I was pregnant with Cory and it was in the same month as my birthday. Cory was born in 1986. This idiot argued with me for I know 30 minutes that it happened in 85. Nope. It happened in January. I knew that. That meant it was already 86 and Cory was born in 86. End of Story. I even remember where I was when I heard them starting to report it. I was in the little gas station I used to work at and the news came on breaking over the radio and I rushed home the half mile to my apartment to turn on my TV. I sat there all day watching it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow Janet.

I'm ok with 911.......but then it's sort of right there in the name. I do tend to forget the year if asked too quickly. And I remember the Challenger........I remember watching news report after news report but I could no more say the year/month to save my life. (and that was before the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)) Can't remember when the date of the kansas city bombing was either.....but I do remember we had neighbors who were involved because I'd said something to husband before the actual bombing that I thought they might be terrorists.......strangest most anti american people I've ever met, especially for having just come here from their home country. (usually it's the opposite at least on the american part)

Travis may have an issue with that sort of test too. He's taken so darn many for school ect and for evaluations..........he has a lot of them memorized. So I certainly hope we don't get an idiot.

DammitJanet

You mean the OK City Bombing? If we had a bombing in Kansas City that was large, I didnt hear about it...lol. Oh....I had to re-read your first part of your sentence about 9/11 to actually understand what you meant about the year...lmao, because to me the answer is...every year! Well at first I saw it as 911 which is emergency. Then I had to get past that. Yes, 9/11/2001. Funny thing, I never realized this until several years later when I had to find out a date but I had my first brand new car ever repo'ed on 9/11/00. Ironic. Stupid story I will tell you one day if you ever want to hear it but they took the car when they shouldnt have. I have better long term memory. As in long term from ages ago. Ask me about what happened in the 80s and I can tell you. Ask me what happened last week or last year and I dont have a clue.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet - that sounds like husband!!!

If someone were to ask me what year Challenger was - UH, 80s... I heard it on the radio, on my way to school from the orthodontist. I was in middle school. But, what year? WHATEVER... I have enough trouble remembering what year my KIDS were born (not having been there, it's a little fuzzy sometimes...)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now see...........it was OK city not Kansas city..........and when someone points that out, I'm like Duh *smack forehead* .......but probably 80 percent of the time when I say that one.....I do the kansas city one first, dunno why. Usually my long term memory is awfully darn good. But if I don't associate it with something......the memory won't be as sharp.......or if it's not something I see as critical to remember. Not that OK city wasn't important......it was, and it disturbed me that I had actual neighbors involved in it, but at the time I was so busy with difficult child stuff I didn't file it away properly. So now it's a fuzzier memory than say 9/11.

And this is the thing with memory. Even with a "normal" person it's going to depend on how they file info away, what they think important to file away....... Other than a severely affected Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) person (probably stroke) or a severely disturbed "out of reality loop" person, most of those questions would be answered easily and skills done easily, even with a person with a significant memory issue. I can do those things without thinking much about it........don't ask me who the VP is though because I don't' have a clue (couldn't tell you Bush's or Clinton's either). IF you ask me something too fast....I'm likely to draw a complete blank (as in my thoughts literally go black in my head), it might or might not come back in a few minutes so I can answer the question.

Travis' memory isn't the greatest, never has been.......but it's going to determine what is asked and how. So it ought to be interesting.

DammitJanet

Now it depends on who the presidents are if I could tell you the vice presidents. Ancient history...oh heck no! Now starting with Reagan, yeah I could probably do it but Im a bit of a political buff. Now I couldnt tell you Cabinet Members names except for a few. Im much better with NASCAR drivers and football players...lol. Im still mad that they changed the name from Winston Cup to Sprint Cup...lmao.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Cabinet members??? Holy smokes! I haven't got a clue. lmao

Human body/medical is mine, but then that's where most of my interest lies as well. Some science stuff.......it's also an interest but while I'll keep the jest of it, details get lost rather easily. I like some history.......especially germany WWII (yes I'm odd.......but the psychodynamics with Hilter & human behavior is fascinating) Read Henry the VIII and loved it, much to my surprise as I'm not too overly much into european history.

And of course we both have the numbers thing. I don't think Travis has that.

I don't think he pays that much attention to politics either, it's the reason he usually votes a straight party ticket unless we've discussed someone else around him from another party or who is independent that would do a better job. History was not an interest. I personally hope they give him maze to do.......he can't do them.......but it's interesting to watch. Now if they ask him something sci fi.....he'd be great. lol Or computer related. Not sure how much actual scope he has beyond those two areas in any real everyday sense.

DammitJanet

I rather doubt they do computer or sci fi. LOL

I remember being asked to draw a clock. I damned near failed that one a time or two, especially right after the meningitis.

Its tough