Update on us

L

Liahona

Well, the kids have been mostly good. My life has been crazy busy, so I haven't been here much.

difficult child 1 has been amazing. This program he is in helps lots. He is even getting A's and B's.

difficult child 2's anxiety level is up. He is more emotional and we are changing his medications to try to help. Now he is getting headaches and it might be a side effect of the new medication or it could be that he doesn't drink enough water. I'm having him drink water and gator aid. If that doesn't work then I'll talk to the psychiatrist.

difficult child 3 has been having personal space problems. He acts like a cat rubbing his face on everyone. When ever he gets on my nerves I take his head and squeeze it. He really likes it.

Ann has been squealing and whining instead of talking. Drives me nuts. We're working on it. She also has to ask a question over and over before she understands the answer. Also drives me nuts, but I don't know what to do about that one.

Elsie is finally getting the hang of potty training. We've been working on it a year and a half. I have to keep up the reinforcers. I've tried to fade it out, but it is to soon.

Oh Buster! He is at the top of my worry list right now. He will do naughty things just to get my attention, so I'm upping the positive attention. He will also get very aggressive with the other kids to get what he wants because he can't talk. So, we've been learning sign language and working with a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP). It is very slow going though.

Cherub is pulling herself up and can sit back down with out falling. She loves to play and wants to get in the middle of what her siblings are doing. She can wave bye-bye and play patty cake.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow, your life IS busy!

I'm pretty impressed that you have managed to keep it all together. I don't think I could. One small child is all I can handle!

DDD

I truthfully was just thinking of you earlier in the week and wondering how it was going. Thanks so much for the update on your tribe, lol. You're doing a terrific job. Hugs DDD