Update on Working

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by witzend, Feb 6, 2007.

1. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Well, I have been working a week now. I have been surprised at how well I am doing, actually. I was so sore and achy the first day, I had to come home and take pain pills. I was less achy the second day, but did have to take a pain pill then, too.

I told my boss I can only work four 1/2 days a week. She seemed fine with that. She updated my desk by giving me a keyboard drawer, and is really good about my not doing a lot of repetitive motion stuff in the shoulders. So, I have not had to take any medication for pain in the past 3 days.

It's totally obvious that she has not had an assistant in the past. I am doing a lot of catch up on typing and stuff, but I don't think that she really needs me all that much time once I get her office up and going. I really only wanted to work 2-3 days a week, and it's 25 miles each way. There's plenty of work available here in the neighborhood, and I absolutely refuse to sit around someone else's office and wait for the phone to ring! I'll give it a few months, but if it gets quiet the way that I think it will, I will encourage her to find someone who really wants to work those hours, and I will continue to organize things for her once a week if she wants.

Fingers crossed!

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

glad to hear things are off to a good start! :smile:

3. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

Glad to hear things are going well so far!!

Sue

4. Stella Johnson

Stella Johnson Active Member

Glad to hear it is going so well! :bravo:

You sure you want to give up a job like this?

Steph

5. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the new job.

6. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Sounds like a positive for you Witz...enjoy being out in the working world.

7. ScentofCedar

ScentofCedar New Member

Sounds like you are doing great, Witz! :smile:

Barbara