Update on Youngest and Oldest

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Oldest got approved for an apartment and is moving in with two other girls next week. I have no idea how or why she was approved for a lease, and quite honestly I don't think she makes enough to cover her part of the rent, but I'm not questioning it or worrying about it much. So, I'll have my peace at home back soon.

Youngest is having second thoughts about giving up public assistance to move in with the boyfriend. She actually called her social worker at the county to give notice on stopping her Section 8 housing assistance, then called me and said "I hung up the phone with her and had a really bad feeling." I reminded her of my philosophy of trusting your gut. She called back, and told the woman to hold off on taking her off the list just yet, she had some things to think about. She then got into a huge fight with the boyfriend.. but they seem to be ok for now. She says she wants to be sure she can take care of herself, by herself, if anything should happen, and she's just not comfortable with it yet. Yay her. We'll see if it holds, for now.

So, things aren't quite as bad as them seemed a week ago... which is nice.
Life is like that isn't it? Back and forth.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good for youngest, that she trusts you and her gut! Something tells me her gut is right.

Oldest, well, you know... They have to learn sometime... Sigh.

Congrats on the peace!