UPDATE: Stupid State / County People...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
OK - I made my first phone call this morning to ask the state about this meeting...I spoke with the supervisor's secretery.

I got several different explanations:

First, NOBODY else is coming....just me and supervisor

Then - well, it's ALWAYS been on the schedule as a group meeting between all the parties.

OK - well then has anybody else been invited or confirmed that they are coming?

Oh, she'll have to get back to me on that one...

Then I asked about the letter I received. The letter says that I am to complete the enclosed paperwork - except that no paperwork is enclosed.

What? Paperwork? No - you don't need to bring any paperwork.

Well, the letter I received says that I need to complete some paperwork. I don't want to go to any meeting un-prepared. Can you email me a copy of the paperwork?

Oh, she'll have to get back to me on that one, also...

I told the secretery that difficult child will not see psychiatrist until next week. Should this meeting about goals be re-scheduled until difficult child actually sees the doctor?

Well, he's her regular psychiatrist, right?

Yes - but he hasn't actually seen difficult child since June.

Oh.

And I let her know that husband and I have a meeting with therapist on Thursday to talk about new goals for difficult child. Why would we need to meet about goals on Wednesday if we aren't discussing new goals with therapist until Thursday.

What? If you had a meeting with the therapist to discuss goals it was YOUR responsibility to inform this office!

I am informing you. The meeting with therapist was not scheduled until last week....she wanted to be prepared to work with YOUR new people and so we decided to discuss new gaosl for difficult child.

Oh.

If therapist and psychiatrist are supposed to be at this meeting, shouldn't they meet with difficult child and know the goals first?

Oh. I see what you're saying.... Let me get back to you.

So - now I'm waiting while they "get back to me"...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
New UPDATE to the UPDATE:

Supservisor returned my call personally.

Evidently, the meeting became a joint meeting when Supervisor hired a new Behavior Therapist. (Oh, didn't anyone tell me?)

So after the BT was hired, letters were sent out to invite other parties to the group meeting. So far, none of those invitees have responded (and no wonder - I received a copy of the letter on Saturday....so they must first be getting the letter at their office this morning). The paperwork is supposed to be completed by the professionals (not parents), but because we all get the same copy of the invitation letter - my letter also indicates paperwork.

So - the "group" meeting is to satisfy government paperwork regulations more than anything else so that a new Behavior Therapist can start working with difficult child.

OK - I'm feeling a bit relieved....

BUT

I will still get husband on the phone for the meeting.

buddy

Oh cripe... couldn't they just communicate better in the first place.... (not really looking for the right answer to that question, communication is often at the root of huge numbers of our problems, the better way is not really in their deck of cards)

could have sent you a personal, short note with that letter explaining all of that. uggg

DDD

Sigh! Are you keeping details notes of each conversation listing the person you spoke to, the info shared and the time of the call? If not...I would. Notes taken at the time of interaction are seen as actual documentation which is not true with a retrospective recounting. Fingers crossed for you. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
So they again confirmed they are idiots.

I still don't trust them. There is NO reason to not include husband's name on the invitation except to pressure you to do something. NONE. I have NEVER gotten ANYTHING about our kids from the schools, state, dept of human svcs, etc... that was addressed to me and not husband other than replies to emails. husband should have been named on the letter or gotten a separate letter (which would be a waste of trees, ink, postage and money so that may show up in the mail today or tomorrow.).

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So they again confirmed they are idiots.

Yep. Just in case there was any doubt...

I still don't trust them. There is NO reason to not include husband's name on the invitation except to pressure you to do something. NONE. I have NEVER gotten ANYTHING about our kids from the schools, state, dept of human svcs, etc... that was addressed to me and not husband other than replies to emails. husband should have been named on the letter or gotten a separate letter (which would be a waste of trees, ink, postage and money so that may show up in the mail today or tomorrow.).

Nope. I don't trust them either.

I think I should get an award just for SURVIVING this agency (if I do survive...)

rejectedmom

I am sorry... I just had to laugh at your conversation with the office sccretary. It was just so typical of many conversations in my past whith what ever beauracracy I was dealing with at the time. Gotta keep a sence of humor or you will go crazy. Glad things were eventually explained and your stress levels are down a notch or two.

klmno

I agree with DDD on this one. It's amazing how effective it can be to document everything, do your homework on what they are supposed to be providing your difficult child/family, then whip a letter off to the highest ups in the agency and your state reps. I'm finding it's kind of like the sd system- we are all so afraid of retaliation if we go above their heads and when we first do, we get the people in the middle of the totem pole who seem to only back up the local people and make us feel worse and get people taking it out on our kids. If we go to the highest on the totem pole, things can change and they get too afraid to retaliate because the local people are being watched closely and you could always go even higher with claims of retaliation.

keista

(((((HUGS)))))

Wow! I can't believe that you are still dealing with this KOI. Actually yeah, i do believe it, but sheesh can't they get anything right the first time around?

TerryJ2

HaoZi, so are they. But they pretend they know it all. And they get paid for it. With state tax dollars.
:bloodshot: