Update to Pay Card

Nancy

I just got difficult child's replaced Visa Pay Card from UPS. Get this, if you use the card to pay for restaurant checks, rental of any item, any service, they can put a hold on up to 20% more to cover the cost of a tip. And it could take 30 days for them to release the hold after the transaction.

The only ATM's she can use with penalty are those from the issuing back. And there are none within 99 miles of our home!!!!

Just another beef I have with this whole idea.

I am going to have difficult child go right to the bank after school and try to withdraw the entire balance.

Nancy

Last edited:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
You are right...... take the money and RUN........ but check first...... there is probably a penalty for having NO money in the account.......YIKES!!!!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think I would be writing complaint letters to the company, the better business bureau, state employment office, senator, representative, governor -- and THEN I would be encouraging easy child to find a different employer.

That's just insane!

Nancy

Whew she got the money deposited inher bank account. I would write all those letters...after she gets another job. I still would like to see a class action lawsuit over this. I suspect a lot of people ar enot happy with this. Can you imagine how many par cards get lost or stolen, especially from young teens.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
EVERY credit or debit card places a hold on 20% more than the amt at certain places. That is how they can have the tip line on the receipt when you eat out. All of those places that you see the receipt with a line to add a tip? They are holding 20% more than the printed total. It is not just this pay card. You are just realizing it because you are scrutinizing all the fine print on the pay card.

Sorry. But otherwise places where people get tips could not let you put the tip on the card. It is over the amt approved and they would not get paid for it from the bank.

I do think this is a bad deal, esp with no ATM's in such a huge area around the store. I think if they are going to do a Visa pay card then their should have to be a certain number of ATM's with-in a 5 mile radius of the business.