Update to Wee's school "plan"

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I forgot to post an update.

As of last post, Wee's principal had decided he was doing so well, he could add time to his day by staying in the mainstream classroom with no aid during general math instruction (new concepts). This was deemed "the plan" by the principal over the sped teacher's plan of taking him with her to work with a slightly younger student on writing. I refused to agree to that plan.

He was to begin this plan on Oct 4. In lieu of no plan, he was to then extend his day Oct 10. Still no plan. On Oct 11, I sent another nasty-gram to sped dir. Short, sweet, to the point - "here is what I was told, here is what was done, this is not acceptable (change of placement), we are now into the second week of "nothing planned for Wee (again)" I expect this will be fixed tomorrow, correct?"

The next day I got an email from principal - she wanted to meet with me and sped after school that day to discuss their "new" plan. So, we met.

The new plan? Wee would go with sped to work on writing with other younger students.

Gosh...and that took 2 weeks?

But, Wee's day has been extended and its going fine. In fact, he stayed one afterenoon til 2:30 to finish a report.

I shouldn't have to put them on the spot to make them do what's right, but it seems to be working for now. I'll take it over what we had before.

InsaneCdn

Push for the best, prepare for the worst... and what you got was at least an improvement!

Step back, catch your breath, and get ready for the next round?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
No, you shouldn't HAVE to, but it seems that we all do... SIGH!

And I'm not surprised he's doing well. Something about Wee... He's got some issues, but if people will just work with him...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And I'm not surprised he's doing well. Something about Wee... He's got some issues, but if people will just work with him...

That's just it, Step.... and the longer they make it work, the more they prove we were right all along. And hopefully the less they'll fight it going forward. They are raising their own bar...

buddy

Good for Wee and good for you. Sorry the twerps took so long. I must have missed the classes in my training that said how to deal with the jerks in administration! Getting a good education about it now though...sigh.