UPDATE..Travis didn't make it...

Steely

I am sending prayers for both you and his family. I cannot imagine how horrible this must be for all of you. I am so, so sorry.

nvts

I'm so sorry to hear about this...what an awful thing to happen to everyone involved...God bless and keep all of you and his family

Beth

VLong

Thank you all so very much for your prayers. It's been a rough day. I was pretty much useless at work, but we are a tight knit bunch and they got me through today.

Yes, the news has been broadcasting the type of truck and a description of a sticker that was seen on it. Something to the effect of "goat smokers". If any of you have clue what that might mean, it might help. The state patrol is checking the database of the motor vehicle dept for every silver Dodge truck in our county. The truck is probably hidden away by now, but I just keep praying they find it and the person or persons who did it.

husband bought a flower arrangement and placed it at the spot in our front yard. We are hoping more people bring whatever they can to remember Travis. I hope it helps his family to see that we do care. I myself want to make a HUGE sign telling people to slow down. Don't know how the city would feel about it, but it would make me feel better. I just have to get over being so mad so that the sign isn't filled with what I'd really like to say.

Again, it is a comfort to me to have read all of your responses. I might print them off for the family in the days to come. I feel so for them. They don't have much money and I know they don't have money for the funeral. The gas station that Travis was at right before it happened has a collection jar set up for them.

Please keep them in your prayers. I'm so comforted by your kind words and know that the prayers have to be helping them as well.

Vicki

Star*

call 911........call 911
Vicky,

I got so choked up when I read this I couldn't reply, but please know that I did pray for that little boy, his family and yours.

Now I'm going to pray that the person who hit him is brought to justice and tried in a court of law. I also pray that somehow his family will be able to forgive that person so they don't hurt worse.

This is so terribly awful.
Many tears
Hugs

judi

As a very experienced ER RN and volunteer firefighter - please consider getting some counselling for you and your husband. These kind of events are very traumatic and sometimes just talking it out helps tremendously.

Take care.

envisablepuppet

What a terrible tragedy. I am so sorry. Hope they catch whoever did this soon. The not knowing for the family and having someone take off like that!!! How heart wrenching.

I to will pray for all involved.

VLong

As of today, the highway patrol has confiscated what they believe to be the truck and have talked "at length" to the owner. I expect they will arrest whoever it is when the evidence results are in tomorrow or Thursday. They found the truck in our area and everyone around here is hoping they have the person or persons who did this.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your outpouring of caring and prayers. husband and I are doing okay. I'm keeping a close eye on him and he on me. We are talking about it with each other and believe me, I know the signs all too well of when or if we need some professional help.

When I drove up tonight there is a cross with Travis' name on it and some other mementos next to the flowers husband put out yesterday. We have both agreed that anything put there stays there for as long as the family wants it to. It's the least we can do.

Oh, I did find out what the "goat smokers" was all about. Apparently it is some type of truck pulling team.

I really can't say how much I appreciate each and every one of you. You have touched my heart and helped in such a large way. You all are truly angels to me and husband.